News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

pak128 release version 2.2.0

Started by VS, December 21, 2012, 11:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VS

Merry Christmas to all survivors of Mayan calendar end! Pak128 is back again :)

There have been even more improvements since last release than ever before.

DOWNLOAD pak128 2.2.0 (82 MB) for Simutrans 112.0

Thanks to everyone who helped, this release brings these changes from previous stable version (2.1.0):

• Fabio & mEGa decided to put some snow into our winter! Lots of city houses and attractions reworked, added snow, rotations etc.
  • Lots of new parks and sport facilities from mEGa
  • Fabio's set of rail tracks, tunnels, bridges and elevated ways is finished
  • A number of station extensions, a new truck stop and new depot
  • Modern tram set from Fabio
  • New doubledecker, futuristic buses, early concrete truck...
  • Simutrans Fried Chicken - a new city consumer for meat, by Sarlock
  • Zeno's Tropical Mayan pyramid (2012 bonus ;) )
  • Rebalanced pricing of all modes of transport
  • Minimap colours are not a mess any more!
  • Narrow gauge addons should finally work
  • High altitude trees from Sarlock
  • Many other bugfixes and improvements

Big thanks to everyone, members of the team and other contributors alike!

If you are missing some of the previously removed objects, the compatibility pack might help somewhat.

Unfortunately, sources have exceeded reasonably uploadable size. The subversion repository is at http://simutrans.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/simutrans/pak128 and you can check out r1122, which is the one used for release (plus change in ground.outside text to version 2.2.0).

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

greenling

Vs
Thank you for the new relase of pak128.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Zeno

Raiser

dekema2

Pestr

Nice work! Thanks to pak128 team!

But what generated strange bus-stop names in English?
For example:
%$1s Cavalry Street %$2s
%$1s Lavender Street %$2s

Vonjo

Thank you very much for everybody who work in it. Congratulations. :) A lot of changes. Why not 3.0.0? ;D

Markohs

Quote from: Pestr on December 23, 2012, 08:13:06 AM
Nice work! Thanks to pak128 team!

But what generated strange bus-stop names in English?
For example:
%$1s Cavalry Street %$2s
%$1s Lavender Street %$2s

I have the same problem, just downloaded the new version.

VS

Oops, there could be a file text/streetlist_en.txt left from some experiments earlier...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Fabio

Should we release soon a v 2.2.1 bugfix?

VS

Fabio

It's just one file but a stable with such an ugly result seems poorly professional.
We could edit the release zip, though, keeping 2.2.0 version but fixing it for new downloads.

Markohs

I agre with fabio, has to be fixed asap imho. changing version number or not both seem reasonable options to me. :)

Markohs

btw, the new pak is splendid! many thanks to all the team for such a wonderful pak! :)

Yona-TYT

largest pak.128 undoubtedly the best  .)

paichtis

Jaridan

thx to all those that contributed (especially fabio, **** those bridges and elevated railways :D looking so good)

would it be possible to get a rundown on this subject, as to what extend or how it changed?
-Rebalanced pricing of all modes of transport

VS

Basically, we have set a basic speed throughout years, and what's faster, should make extra money. The changes you want to know about "simply" adjust prices so that this is true. As it turns out, the factors contributing are too complex to do something like (speed*load*price)/distance=maintenance (just faking it here - this formula is obviously wrong). Things like speed on hills, expected amount of vehicles and required infrastructure, all this accounts for some empirical numbers here and there, I think. Zeno knows more. He is the court speed-bonus wizard, and I am happy not having to touch that :D

Beder

Some points about the release:
- When downloading it this evening the build-number is still 112.1.1 nightly (?)
- The trains are extremly expensive now. Especially the only electrical one available at 1930 is not usable because of the high costs. It creates something about 3000$ per month. -> 120 Months = 10 years to pay its own bill. But there is still the maintenance of the tracks...  -> result: Even when I am a train-lover, I cannot use them anymore because they are simply not effective enough :-(

Zeno

If you're talking about the Renfe 270 locomotive... well, that's a quick one (90km/h) for 1930. If you run that loco in slower tracks (65km/h) it will lead you directly to bankrupcy.

Other than that, all rail locos should be paid back in about 4 or 5 years, maybe less if you use it 100% load and full speed all the time.

Beder

I was talking about the Pioneer Alladin

Zeno

Same applies in terms of speed and cargo: if you run the train at max speed and full of passengers, it should be paid back really quick. Nevertheless, if you run it at half capacity and at 65 km/h it can become a nightmare for your finances ;)

Fabio

First the street list, then the copyright in outside.dat

These are very inelegant, I hope we can release a bugfix early in 2013, maybe adding mega's winter stations as well (and maybe also some of gwalch's vehicles too).

VS

Quote from: Beder on December 29, 2012, 09:48:03 PM
- When downloading it this evening the build-number is still 112.1.1 nightly (?)
Pakset version is displayed only with the loading bar, at startup. This is problem of program...

sdog

(belate) congratulations on the release!

tiny screenshot for the g+ posting

Fraoch

Quote from: Markohs on December 24, 2012, 03:19:37 AM
I have the same problem, just downloaded the new version.

Regarding this, I was told in another thread:

http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=11225.msg109485#msg109485

that all I had to do was replace the %$1s with %s (thanks VS!)  This seemed to work but now I have city names in each stop.  For example "Inverness Hyde Street Stop" and "Inverness St. Paul's Avenue Stop".  I'm not sure if this was the intention, was it?

Anyway this pak128 is fantastic, it's like playing a whole new Simutrans.  Congratulations everyone!

HDomos

Quote from: Fraoch on January 08, 2013, 04:52:07 PM
Regarding this, I was told in another thread:

http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=11225.msg109485#msg109485

that all I had to do was replace the %$1s with %s (thanks VS!)  This seemed to work but now I have city names in each stop.  For example "Inverness Hyde Street Stop" and "Inverness St. Paul's Avenue Stop".  I'm not sure if this was the intention, was it?

Anyway this pak128 is fantastic, it's like playing a whole new Simutrans.  Congratulations everyone!

Thats how it works... The first %s is replaced by city name and the second to stop type.

Fraoch

Quote from: HDomos on January 08, 2013, 09:46:07 PM
Thats how it works... The first %s is replaced by city name and the second to stop type.

OK, thanks!

dennosius

Yeah, great! Really looks nice.

There is only one thing I don't like very much, and that's the high speed railway track.

If it's built diagonally, it really doesn't look nice, as tracks "split up" if it's a double line. And even if built straight, it looks slightly too bold in my eyes. Just as a feedback.

Fabio

Well, 400 & 320 km/h tracks could use same bridge deck of 280 km/h ones, their tracks are rather distinctive and they would keep different pillars.
What do you think?

The diagonal issue can't be easily solved, I would just consider it a program limitation.

gauthier

Quoteall rail locos should be paid back in about 4 or 5 years

Well ... isn't that too much ? In my current map I pay back a train in one year but I still find that ... too much ... how can I develop a big nice network if I have to wait a year for each train ?

Moreover some trains are unplayable (CPH motorcar and some other railcars), buses are very difficult to make profitable (passengers give a very low amount of money for short journeys -> not enough for buses to be profitable, the same with undeground networks which are hardly profitable). On the contrary, some of your EMU have an ... impressive capacity O_o : renfe 440, TMB class300, and much worse : class 200, 400, 1000 and 100 (more than 200 passengers in demi-tile-length, single-decked, vehicle ... and at silly prices compared to a loco+cars train).

sdog

Some notes on balancing:

Delivering goods from a goods factory to a shopping mall is a little difficult for long distances and high output. Production at the goods factory is reduced when too many goods are in the system. However this happens quite easily with a large number of trains required for the long distance. I'd suggest a slight increase of the capacity at the shopping mall (about 15%).

It seems all locos are a little underpowered. In the 1950s i have hardly a train without three or four heads (EMD-F7A 3 heads for 6 tile long goods train, 4 EMD-FT heads for a 10 tile goods train). It is much more of a problem however for passenger trains.

Hiawatha express can have only 4 carriages before geting slowed down, DB-MA-461 head, two carriages and tail car, Pioneer Zephyr can't build any consist small enough it could power.

I find the balance between engines quite well though, also costs and prices. The game really became challenging, not just right after starting it. This i very much appreciate.

It would be very nice to have the piece good cargo ships also as a cooled goods version, it is a little awkward to transport cooled goods that are not fish, with fishing boats.

Zeno

Quote from: gauthier on January 10, 2013, 08:07:33 PM
Well ... isn't that too much ? In my current map I pay back a train in one year but I still find that ... too much ... how can I develop a big nice network if I have to wait a year for each train ?
No, it's too few. It should be 10 or 15 years IMHO, but that would make the game unplayable. Think of a locomotive that nowadays costs around 3 or 4 milion €, I don' think it can be paid back in 1 year you know.

Quote from: gauthier on January 10, 2013, 08:07:33 PM
Moreover some trains are unplayable (CPH motorcar and some other railcars), buses are very difficult to make profitable (passengers give a very low amount of money for short journeys -> not enough for buses to be profitable, the same with undeground networks which are hardly profitable). On the contrary, some of your EMU have an ... impressive capacity O_o : renfe 440, TMB class300, and much worse : class 200, 400, 1000 and 100 (more than 200 passengers in demi-tile-length, single-decked, vehicle ... and at silly prices compared to a loco+cars train).
You're right on some things you comment here: the CPH was a little bit unplayable, although it was better balanced since last version. Keep in mind that all vehicles are balanced in their intro year, if you use them 10 years later they will probably give lots of losses. Renfe EMU (440 and 447) have too much capacity and I should have reduced them before the release, that's right. About the TMB coaches, well those are underground trains, quite slow, and high capacity ones. Their high capacity is intended.

greenling

Hello on all
The balancing in the pak128 2.2.0 it not really be finsh.
I have remark that the train DB-MA-461 need a work around need.
Those train have in the history ran with two head four 4cars and two tailcars.
The combination of the train was:
DB-MA-461 head,DB-MA-461 car first class,DB-MA-461 car second class,DB-MA-461 car Kitchen second class tail,
DB-MA-461 Second class tail,DB-MA-461 car second class,DB-MA-461 car first class,DB-MA-461 head
and 120 bag mail it for DB-MA-461 head to many.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!