News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Plane pak renewal

Started by Zeno, February 07, 2009, 04:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ariarinen

Quote from: Zeno on July 10, 2009, 06:58:08 PM
I guess you mean 757, 767 and 787. The 777 was painted with ANA livery, and it's one of my favourite!!  ;)

Btw, those you comment were the next in my todo list, but I'm starting another project so I'll only paint more planes as an unusual work, as the plane pak has now the "stand by" status.
I'm sorry, but other things are more important now (like ships and balancing). But I promise I will bring some surprises later on :)
Oh there is a 777, its also one of my favorite Boeing (777, 757).

The 787-8 could be the optimal and A350-900 or 1000. 

x7657

dead link for the  COMPLETE Plane Pakset v1.1 (updated RC/Cost)

Zeno

Quote from: x7657 on August 01, 2009, 05:20:26 AM
dead link for the  COMPLETE Plane Pakset v1.1 (updated RC/Cost)
Thanks x7657. Link now fixed.

Zeno

Well, I actually have some work on old style industries, but I've begun planning the next moves on planes.
I've had an analyzing session on airplanes, and I've make some charts. It's a very basic chart showing amount of vehicles available per game year, but I've decided to divide the vehicles in four groups based on their capacity:

1) Light passenger transport: up to 99 passengers.
us (site down, do not visit) ]/image/direct/pO6AeJ-jGu/light-psg.png]
2) Medium passenger transport: 100 to 220 passengers.
us (site down, do not visit) ]/image/direct/0GKgJwo9f2/medium-psg.png]
3) Large passenger transport: 221-399 passengers.
us (site down, do not visit) ]/image/direct/QN5oLXvn0f/large-psg.png]
4) Huge passenger transport: 400 or more passengers.
us (site down, do not visit) ]/image/direct/-sCKhzGCIG/huge-psg.png]

So, as a conclusion, I can identify the following needs:

• Light passenger from 1980 is insufficient (zero!), so at least a couple of small jets will be drawn for modern age (+1980).
  • Large passenger transport from 2007/8 is enough, but can be complemented with one/two additional crafts.

And then, candidates.

• For light jets I can think of a Bombardier CRJ series (which was suggested in the forum, don't remember by who), the Embraer 145 or 170, and the BAe 146.
  • For large transport I think (obviously) of the Boeing 757/767/787 and the Airbus A350.

So... I only need some free time now :D
Any suggestions/wishes?

Fabio

I suggested CRJ900, a nice plane i enjoyed using (although the company was awful and eventually bankrupted).

For medium transport do we have Airbus A319/320 and Boeing 737 (with different series and capacity)?

Zeno

Quote from: fabio on September 14, 2009, 03:30:33 PM
I suggested CRJ900, a nice plane i enjoyed using (although the company was awful and eventually bankrupted).

For medium transport do we have Airbus A319/320 and Boeing 737 (with different series and capacity)?

A320: 150 psg.
B737: 110 psg.

There is only one plane of each series at the moment; maybe later on, but it isn't a must right now.
Medium transport is covered enough through the timeline (2 different units to choose from), although it could be improved with one/two additional vehicles.

PS: I changed the medium-liner chart, which was wrong. Sorry.

Zeno

Ok, the Bombarier CRJs are under work... needs post-processing, like special colors, alignment, etc.

CRJ-200: 50 Passengers, available from 1992 until end of game.
us (site down, do not visit) ]/image/show/DQBZ7VoJ7o/crj-200.png]

CRJ-900: 86 Passengers, available from 2001 until end of game.
us (site down, do not visit) ]/image/show/nxthJGUHoD/crj-900.png]

Btw, suggestions, comments??

rfg123

I like them.. I was really excited when I saw the top one there, thought it was in Delta livery.  ;D

In any case I just discovered your plane pak the other day, and I really love it! Just need larger plane loading areas now.  :D

Fabio

wow, bravo! just ready to hop in!  ;D

Zeno

Glad you like them. Actually the CRJ-200, on top, is in Convair livery (owned by Delta); the CRJ-900 uses the "jetSense" technology colour schema, by Bombardier.

Edit: Both finished. Download link just below the pics. Hope you enjoy it :)

Zeno

Now is the time for the BAC One Eleven 200. Built from 1963 to 1989, had capacity for 89 passengers and it came from Hunting and Vickers jet designs to replace the Viscount. Painted with green Braniff International color scheme.

us (site down, do not visit) ]/image/direct/otEAUFX28h/bac-1-11-big.png]

us (site down, do not visit) ]/files/get/JmGfC6RVM2/vehicles.sacbac111.pak.7z]>>> Download Here!! <<<

Zeno

Next stop: Brazil!!  ;D
These are the latest generation of brazilian jets for medium short range, low capacity lines. This two models were introduced very recently, between 2003 and 2004. The Embraer E-Jets is made of two families: the E-170 and the E-190. Hope you enjoy them!

Embraer E-170 - TRIP Linhas Aereas livery
us (site down, do not visit) ]/image/direct/SsLOkYK2Zg/embraer-e170.png]

Embraer E-190 - Azul Brazilian Airlines livery
us (site down, do not visit) ]/image/direct/wIowiZEXI6/embraer-e-190.png]

us (site down, do not visit) ]/files/get/GMDZWVVxLY/embraer-planes.7z]>>>Download here!!<<<

micslu

Thanks Zeno!
I especially like these smaller passenger jets. They were what I needed in the last game  :-[.
Now I have to start considering building airports into the present scenario.

Please allow me to make a suggestion: Soviet/Russian passenger jets (Antonovs, Illyushins, Tupolevs, Yakovlevs).
While I might not really want to fly on these planes, I think they are great for variety and fantasy value.

Cheers.

ariarinen

Quote from: fabio on September 14, 2009, 03:30:33 PM
A320-200 and B737-300
---

the Boeing 757 is medium not large transport.

How about Saab 340 as a 80's light transport, MD-80 would be a nice 80's plane also. 

Fabio

Quote from: ariarinen on September 19, 2009, 05:25:29 PM
MD-80 would be a nice 80's plane also. 

a great one... and it's an 80's plane, although lousy Alitalia still flies some today... :(

ariarinen

Quote from: fabio on September 19, 2009, 09:39:22 PM
a great one... and it's an 80's plane, although lousy Alitalia still flies some today... :(
Well SAS also files 42 MD-80 planes still today, plus the 5 modern MD-90 flown by their Finnish subsidiary Blue1. Alitalia has 24 left. But both has been the worlds 3d (al) and 4th (sas) largest MD-80 operators behind AA and Delta.

And yes its a great plane, if you sit in the front like I have on both MD-80/90. I mostly travel (short haul) on the Embraer E-170/ATR 72 or A320 and some times with the MD-90 or Saab 2000 all nice planes.     

Václav

Zeno: could you create this? - Tupolev 154

http://richard.ferriere.free.fr/3vues/tupolev_tu154_3v.jpg - I am sorry for only link but picture behind this link is quite great.

And here are (important) technical data (in metric scale):
copied from http://www.flugzeuginfo.net/acdata_php/acdata_tu154_en.php

Crew   3-4
Passengers   180

Propulsion   3 Turbofan Engines
Engine Model   Aviadvigatel D-30KV-154
Engine Power (each)   103 kN

Speed   950 km/h
Service Ceiling   11.100 m
Range   5.200 km

Empty Weight   55.300 kg
max. Takeoff Weight   100.000 kg

Wing Span   37,55 m
Wing Area   201,5 m²
Length   47,92 m
Height   11,40 m

First Flight   04.10.1968

And all: please, don't think this request is based on what happened today (10.4. 2010) at about half past nine of CET (Central-Europe Time) close to Smolensk.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

gauthier

how sad happening ...

The French president Nicolas Sarkozy had once again enjoyed this to use our feelings to increase his popularity -_-" (which is very very low).
This man is really an as*hol* , as every politician he abused the French, and he is still doing that.

It's sure that he won't be still president at the next elections.

Aquel

Quote from: gauthier on April 10, 2010, 03:58:27 PM
how sad happening ...

The French president Nicolas Sarkozy had once again enjoyed this to use our feelings to increase his popularity -_-" (which is very very low).
This man is really an as*hol* , as every politician he abused the French, and he is still doing that.

It's sure that he won't be still president at the next elections.

No politics please!

@VaclavMacurek: That would be a good addition to a plane pack. I feel it's missing some eastern planes.
But then again it depends upon Zeno's work!
Créateur de véhicule routier français: http://simutrans-france.fr.nf/doku.php?id=fr:vehicules_routiers_byaquel
Making French road vehicule a reality: http://simutrans-france.fr.nf/doku.php?id=en:vehicules_routiers_byaquel

Impossible n'est pas français!
Napoléon Bonaparte a écrit"Ce n'est pas possible, m'écrivez-vous : cela n'est pas français", en répondant à Jean Léonard, Comte Le Marois, qui lui faisait part de l'impossibilité de réaliser un projet.  Napoléon Bonaparte wrote: "It's not possible, you're telling me: it's not french", responding to Jean Léonard, Count Le Marois regarding the impossbility of making a project   [img]http://graphics.simutrans.com/albums/userpics/1000

Václav

If I am not wrong, at this time only Ilyushin IL-76 "Candid" is present in planes' depot. And so I have to agree with Aquel ... more planes from Russia (mainly from Soviet Russia) are invited.

So here is Tupolev Tu-104
http://www.aerospaceweb.org/aircraft/jetliner/tu104/tu104_schem_01.gif

HISTORY:

First Flight    17 June 1955

Service Entry

(Tu-104) 15 September 1956
(Tu-104B) 15 April 1959

CREW:    up to five flight crew: pilot, co-pilot, navigator, radio operator, flight engineer

PASSENGERS:
(Tu-104) 50
(Tu-104A) 70
(Tu-104B) 100
(Tu-104D) 85
(Tu-104V) 100

DIMENSIONS:
Length    
Tu-104 38.84 m
Tu-104B 40.05 m
Wingspan    34.54 m
Height    11.90 m
Wing Area 183.50 m2

WEIGHTS:
Empty    41,600 kg
Max Takeoff 76,000 kg

PROPULSION:
Powerplant    two Mikulin AM-3M-500 turbojets
Thrust    190.26 kN

PERFORMANCE:
Max Level Speed    at altitude: 950 km/h at 10,000 m
max cruise speed: 820 km/h at 9,150 m
normal cruise speed: 750 km/h at 9,150 m
Initial Climb Rate    unknown
Service Ceiling    11,500 m
Range    2,650 km
Endurance    unknown
g-Limits    unknown

KNOWN VARIANTS:
Tu-104    Initial production model carrying 50 passengers and powered by two Mikulin AM-3 turbojets
Tu-104A    Improved model with a revised cabin carrying 70 passengers and powered by uprated Mikluin AM-3M turbojets
Tu-104B    Enlarged model with a longer fuselage for up to 100 passengers and powered by Mikulin AM-3M-500 turbojets
Tu-104D    Tu-104A airframes rebuilt to accomodate 85 passengers
Tu-104E    Test aircraft converted from a Tu-104B and used to set a closed-circuit record carrying a 6,805 lb (15,000 kg) payload at 596.61 mph (959.94 km/h) over a 1,245 mile (2,000 km) course
Tu-104V    Tu-104A airframes rebuilt to accomodate 100 passengers
Tu-110    Single Tu-104B model modified with four engines in the wing root to serve as the Tu-110 prototype, despite offering improved economy, field length requirements, and handling, the aircraft did not go into production and the prototype was turned over to the Air Force
Tu-124    Short-range airliner derived from the Tu-104

KNOWN OPERATORS:
Civil    Aeroflot
Ceskoslovenske Aerolinie (CSA)

Soon will be added other ones.

Zeno

I'm sorry planes are probably in the lowest place of the priority rank :(
We have at the moment an airplane pak that is fully playable through a complete timeline, so my time will be focused in other projects.
Of course some more planes could be added, but as I say it's a priority matter.
Btw, if someone is interested on painting any airplanes, ask me and I will gladly explain details on scaling, painting and coding, to help fitting them better into the current pak.

jamespetts

Zeno,

am I correct in recalling that you make these in Blender? If so, could you perhaps upload your .blends so that others can tinker with them to produce different liveries and even completely different aircraft?  It is much easier to produce new ones from existing models than to start from scratch.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Zeno

They are pretty old, and thus messed up, but I could try to rescue some of them :)

jamespetts

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

ariarinen

Tupolev 154 would be possible to create by tweaking the current Boeing 727.

jamespetts

Quote from: ariarinen on April 18, 2010, 12:36:27 PM
Tupolev 154 would be possible to create by tweaking the current Boeing 727.

I've used the same technique for lots and lots of railway graphics for Pak128.Britain - it is surprisingly effective and efficient!

Václav

:o To make Tupolev 154 by improving of Boeing 727?  ;D You caused I am rolling on the floor laughing. They are too much different.

jamespetts

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on April 18, 2010, 03:43:28 PM
:o To make Tupolev 154 by improving of Boeing 727?  ;D You caused I am rolling on the floor laughing. They are too much different.

It's not as absurd as it seems: I'm not particularly familiar with those specific aircraft, but I've done it with trains of very different types, retaining only the basic sizes and shapes. It saves a great deal of work.

Václav

So ... I beg your pardon but could you show it? It seems be very interesting.

jamespetts

All the graphics here were made by that method.

The Hood

@Vaclav,

Both planes have wings, engines, fuselage, and a tail.  You can save a lot of work in blender by keeping these components the same (or changing their position, dimensions slightly) and get a different vehicle for minimal work.  A lot of the different pak128.Britain vehicles were created this way (including 90% of the buses and trams!).

Václav

OK.
After some other searchings I found they are not so different as it seemed before.

Andyh

Is the complete pak still available for download?  The link on the first post of this thread doesn't seem to go to the right place.

Thanks

AndyH