News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

station construction idea

Started by gauthier, February 15, 2009, 11:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gauthier

In an other topic I,speaked about almost of the following ideas :

1) station extension orientation could be chosen :
For example, when you have station extension (the best examples are in MLM dev. stations extensions), it should be much more easy to build nice and complex stations if we can choose the orientation before building.
This can be extended to 16layouts station (see screenshots attached)

2) disapearing of the cursor picture
As in the first screenshot : each building have a cursor picture. According with the first idea, it would be nice to have, instead of a cursor, to have the final result shown in green transparency or just a red transparent tile if the construction isn't possible. The green transparency would change with the rotation chosen.
It will have a advantage : no more cursors to draw ;)

3) according to previous ideas :
replace right click scrolling by auto-scrolling (when the mouse cursor touch the borders of the screen, the map will scroll in this direction, such as Sierra citybuilder games or any other strategy game using a map.
It would free the right click that could be used to rotate the station or any other building when it is built ;)

Fabio

interesting ideas, specially picture #2...

gauthier

it would need 24 layouts stations but only one icon in toolbars for all would be much better than two :D

gauthier

I don't want to be boring (and I know I am) :
No programmer planned to do that ?

BudapestTRansport

is this feasible?

vilvoh

Sure, if somebody encourages to paint it but what has to do with gauthier's request?

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

gauthier

Quoteis this feasible?

Christiansen asked me the same on MSN ...

gauthier

eeeeeeer ...

Any programmer ???

(I love this community :D )

gauthier

Waiting for 3 weeks for someone make ... at least ... just 24 layouts station and orientation selectable ...

I think it's not very difficult to do especially when you made rivers and underground slopes and many others ...

There's really nobody to do just the two things I asked for ?

Dwachs

have you tried this:

http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=1240.0

??

ctrl-click on your station building and .. enjoy  ;D
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

VS

Quote from: gauthier on March 07, 2009, 02:52:12 PM
There's really nobody to do just the two things I asked for ?
Rule #1 of all projects: you can want anything, and you get almost nothing ;D

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

gauthier

hem ... Where can I download it ? Nightly website seems to be ...m!flnbmpkfdwnjbvfdjifmsjn (I don't know the word and don't find it with a translator ! s*** !).

whoami

Quote from: gauthier on March 07, 2009, 08:16:07 PM
hem ... Where can I download it ? Nightly website seems to be ...m!flnbmpkfdwnjbvfdjifmsjn
Did you stumble over the known subdomain problem? Then please use http://simutrans-germany.com/~nightly/simutrans/index.php?lang=fr - but it seems to be rather slow at the moment.