News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

[devel-new-2] New stops don't start accepting passengers and goods

Started by Rollmaterial, December 10, 2016, 02:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rollmaterial

New stops only start accepting cargo after restarting the game.

jamespetts

I am afraid that I cannot reproduce this: can you give more detailed steps which describe how this can be reproduced reliably?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Rollmaterial

It occurs in my saved game, you can use the .sve from my last bug report. Simply build a new station and connect a line to it. Cargo will only start using the station after restarting the game.

jamespetts

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Rollmaterial

Yes. I last reproduced the bug when separating Camden Road station form Camden Town.

jamespetts

I am afraid that I cannot reproduce this: a stop placed with a new service going to it will eventually attract passengers. However, passengers were reluctant to travel on the 'bus networks that I had set up because, I think, your existing railway networks were superior and got them there faster.

Have you altered the passenger generation settings in your game? There seem to be fewer passengers being generated than one would expect.

Rollmaterial

I don't think it has anything to do with passenger generation as it also happens with goods. Try setting up a new coal line.

jamespetts

I still cannot reproduce this, I am afraid. Are you sure that you are not just noticing the recently added delay between the colliery producing the coal and it arriving ready to be loaded at the station?

wlindley

I have also been having this problem, still with latest as of this morning. Adding a new station, and connecting it to a passenger and mail route, should add minimum pink and brown bars above the name, even if there are zero waiting passengers and mail: but those do not appear until the game is reloaded.

jamespetts

jamespetts

That is very odd, as I cannot reproduce this on Windows. Rollermaterial - are you also using Linux?

Also, are you sure that this is not just a delay as goods/passengers transfer to the station/stop?

jamespetts

Incidentally, can I check: are you using self-compiled versions? If so, are you compiling with MULTI_THREAD defined? If not, can you try enabling MULTI_THREAD in config.default and having another go?

Rollmaterial

I use a self-compiled Windows version compiled in MSVS 2015 with version 6.0 of the OpenTTD libraries. Is config.default supposed to be in \simutrans as in the repository or in the main folder? Anyway, my game speed is affected by altering "threads" in simuconf, does it necessarily mean MULTI_THREAD is enabled?

Edit: I just tested building a new airport and walking passengers started using it. In the details window, only walking connections appear.

jamespetts

If you are using Visual Studio, then altering config.default will not be relevant to you: that is for Linux. Instead, you should make sure that MULTI_THREAD is defined in the preprocessor item under the C++ tab in the property dialogue.