News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Elevated ways from standard paksets do not appear

Started by Junna, April 08, 2017, 10:58:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junna

This should happen with pak128 standard, or if you put the elevated ways from it in any other pakset.

Junna

Is it difficult to reproduce or something? It always works for me.

jamespetts

I have not had time to look into this issue, as I have had limited time and a very long list of bug reports to get through. Are you at least able to get the sources and recompile these for Extended?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Junna

Even if standard pak files are compiled with makeobj-extended up to date, they do not appear. Bridges work, regular ways work; elevated ways do not.

jamespetts

So the problem is not that these are .pak files from Standard, but rather that they are .dat files from Standard compiled with Makeobj-Extended? That narrows the problem down significantly. Are you able to test to see which individual change between the Standard .dat file and the Extended .dat file is causative of this error?

Thank you very much for your help.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Junna

It happens with 1. Files compiled with standard makeobj and 2. files compiled with makeobj-extended, all of elevated way type.

Some files are not affected-- I was able to use a specific custom addon, unrelated to official pak, which I could find nothing different about in terms of any set up.

jamespetts

Are you able to take one of the .dat files that fail when compiled with Makeobj-Extended and modify it one line at a time to match a .dat file that does not fail to see which modification makes the decisive difference?

jamespetts

May I ask - are you able at least to find a specific .dat file that will, when you attempt to compile it with makeobj-extended, produce a .pak file that will not work in the game so that I can look into what the issue is here?