News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

[New release] Simutrans-Experimental 2.5

Started by jamespetts, April 20, 2009, 05:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

Thanks to all the Simutrans-Experimental beta testers, a number of fresh bugs have been played the last post, including some functionality deficiencies and game crashes. As usual, the latest nightly revision of Simutrans-Standard has been merged into the code, to give the latest updates and enhancements from the trunk (most recently including the overhaul relating to other players' stops, which are now treated as waypoints). See here for how to get the latest version.

There are no new features in this release: I am focussing on bug fixes for the time being. I have a number of small feature enhancements planned for a version 3.0, which I will start working on when the main bugs have been addressed, so I should be very grateful for bug testing on this version.

Changes

• FIX: Crash when convoys set to be replaced enter depot and have their information windows open.
  • FIX: Convoys would not go to the depot automatically if they were set to "retire", and they were already empty.
  • CHANGE: The credit limit is disapplied to the public player, which now effectively has unlimited finances.
  • FIX: Crashes when a line had waypoints.
  • FIX: Sort order for revenue in the goods window is more accurate, but still not quite right.
  • FIX: Vehicles did not go to the depot after they had become empty when they were marked to do so.
  • FIX: Crashes and freezes after inserting a stop into a line.
  • CHANGE: Minimum waiting time for any stop is now 1 minute.

Feedback and testing

Most of the bugs and issues above were only identified after thorough testing and feedback by members of the Simutrans community (I should like to thank Knightly and Z9999 in particular for their work on this); any further feedback from this latest version would, as ever, be most welcome.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

knightly

James, I have an intra-city line at Hereford linking all the local stops. But after running for a year smoothly, the travelling times and waiting times for going to various local stops haven't changed at all. And you can see, waiting times are all 1min, the default value. This game is loaded from a save game which I started with ST EXP v2.4. Please see the images for Year 0 and Year 1.