News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

SIMUTRANS PUBLISHED IN NEXT ISSUE OF C'T GERMAN COMPUTER MAGAZINE

Started by dannyman, October 04, 2009, 07:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyman

Quote from: prissi on October 04, 2009, 06:43:47 PM
And before 18. Oct a new stable is needed, since the largest german computer journal wants to burn it onto CDs ...

!!! Congratulations, prissi, and everyone who works on the game.  And good luck and willkommen to all the German users likely to start playing! :)

The Hood

Finish what needs to be finished first, it's good you have that discipline!  And it's been a while since the last stable so that would be great, as is getting it out on CD. 

But it would be great to look at this sort of stuff once all that necessary fixing and tidying up is done.

jamespetts

Quote from: prissi on October 04, 2009, 06:43:47 PMAnd before 18. Oct a new stable is needed, since the largest german computer journal wants to burn it onto CDs ...

Excellent! Exciting news indeed! Very well done!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

colonyan

Is that magasin only sold in germany? Anyway this is a news. Hoping more people join...

DirrrtyDirk

I'm only guessing which one prissi's talking about, but I think it's probably this: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_Bild (sorry, only German wikipedia features it).

Although there were several spin-offs created around Europe, I doubt that they will deliver the same content. And although it is supposedly the most read computer magazine in Germany, its quality - and even more its company affiliation (it is part of an infamous tabloid newspaper-group: "Bild") are a little... oh well... questionable. (But as long as they spread the word about simutrans, I don't care. I just wouldn't recommend to buy it.)

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

dannyman

I ran that article through Babelfish, gathered that they may reach 1.9 million readers, and they tend to be focused on less-expert computer users, illustrating articles with copious screen shots.

Also, from March:
http://www.computerbild.de/download/Simutrans-4201786.html

DirrrtyDirk

Oh if it is "c't" that's a different story. That one's much higher quality - although it is not the largest (but probably #2). But as I said: we don't have to care for the quality of the magazine itself, just that they put Simutrans onto their CDs and DVDs and so find us some new players (and hopefully also contributors).

EDIT:

Quote from: dannyman on October 05, 2009, 10:24:19 PM
gathered that they may reach 1.9 million readers,
Actually, it says they reach up to 4.2 million readers.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

prissi

Its c't, the most influentional computer journal, since it is published from 1986 and is even read in non-german countries. They have even english advertisements ... Nearly every computer science student read or know it. Simutrans have been on that CD in 2000 (I think), and that is how I came across it ...

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

vilvoh

We want a photograph of Prissi holding the CD on his hands, for the Simutrans Hall of Fame.. :D

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...