News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

SMSC April Edition: underground passengers & mail stations

Started by vilvoh, March 30, 2010, 02:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vilvoh

After the succeed march's edition, we go on with the Simutrans Monthly Screenshot Contest. The April's topic is underground passengers & mail stations

Rules

• Picture max size: 800x600
  • Available picture formats: png or jpg
  • Topic: Underground passengers & mail stations
  • You may use any pakset you want
  • Zoom is allowed.
  • Please include a short description and mention the pak you've used.
  • You can upload the picture to files.[ simutrans [dot] us (site down, do not visit) ] or any other image hosting service, and then post link to the image here.
  • The nomination period ends at the half of the month. Then, we'll make a poll to decide the winner(s)

Prize:

A mention at Simutrans Hall of Fame, compliments by the community and one post including your picture in the official blog.

Sample image:

us (site down, do not visit) ]/image/show/nrF61W1tnl/station-sc7.png]

Have fun!

P.S: link to the announcement at German Forum

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

MoTw

A little bug in the blog post: Poll starts at APRIL 15th... March 15th (as said in your post) would need a time machine ;)
world is like a parachute: it works better when it's open
whenever you feel lost and alone, always remember your calculator is something you can count on
pak96.comic addons

vilvoh

Blog edited. Thanks for the back to the future warning...  ;D

gauthier

In the screenshot, we must have ONLY underground structures or we can use sliced underground view so have a bit of ground structures ?

Honestly, I don't find this subject very intersting :/ underground structures aren't very nice.

vilvoh

The idea is to show underground structures and parts of transport networks, with different levels and layouts. There're several videos at youtube that can help you to get the idea.

MoTw

While the March Edition was much about beauty, the April Edition is more about efficiency and technical "know-how". Maybe Simutrans-Player who post their networks can learn from each other...
Next one may more about beauty again, if you want to... ;)
whenever you feel lost and alone, always remember your calculator is something you can count on
pak96.comic addons

gauthier

I don't know how you will judge each screenshots ... but this is a part of the biggest underground network I have. You can underground high speed train stations, some metro lines and some regional lines ;)
made with pak128 + london underground pak (only for stations) + z22500

micslu

For the future contest: Beauty is nice, but I'd like to suggest Inelegant but working screenshot contest.
What I mean is for example a station that has become overly complex due to constant adding new lines. But however inelegant, the station must somehow be handling all the lines attached.

Many of my main stations/bus terminals are looking that way  :D

ger

This is my screenshot.

Title: Morning Commuters (The crowd at Shinjuku Station)
Simutrans: 102.2.1 + Pak128.japan + addons

Desciption: The underground plataforms of Shinjuku Station (see: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=4103.0)

The shinjuku station is the Main terminus of Suburban Odakyu and Keio Railways(plataforms 1 to 6), and most of the passengers continue on to the subway system in the way to their work´s.

At underground level, you can se:(from left to right)
-Plataform 11,12 The kyobashi Line(Brown)
-Shinjuku Station Pedestrian Underpass
-Plataform 7,8 Abenobashi Line(Grey)(through service to Tobu Railways)
-Plataform 9,10 Shinjuku Line(Blue)(through service to kintetsu Railways)
-Plataform 13,14 Namboku Line(emerald)(through service to Tsukuba Rapid Railway)

At ground level, you found the Odakyu and Keio plataforms, a bus terminal, the new yamanote loop line(plataforms 16, 17, under construction), and the Monorail(plataform 15)(defunct)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To have an idea: Shinjuku Station ,Shinjuku Ward and Chuo ward(city center)Skyline

The shinjuku Line Runs from Shinjuku to Kasumigaseki-Otemachi-Shimbashi-Uehommachi
The Abenobashi line Runs from Shinjuku to Higashi Shinjuku, Abenobashi, kita senju.
The Kyobashi line, comes from Hikarigaoka, Nerima, Shinjuku, Dobutsuenmae, Kyobashi, Tsuruhashi
The Namboku line comes from Kita senju-Ikebukuro-Abenobashi-Shinjuku-Shin Kyobashi-Shimbashi-Kyobashi

The next Screenshot explains it:

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/7665/skylineu.png

vilvoh

I'm sorry ger, but the image must be 800x600 as much, and yours is 1204x595. Please, try to reduce it.

ger

Here is the Rezized screenshot.

[img width=600 height=375]http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/5449/morningcommuters.jpg[/img]

Title: Morning Commuters(The Crowd at Shinjuku Station)

mod note: image attached to the previous comment.
~vilvoh

Quote from: gauthier on March 31, 2010, 11:32:37 AM
what's that ? O_o

It´s the Underpass Set:
http://japanese.simutrans.com/index.php?Addon128%2FRoadTools%201

Thanks Vilvoh.

(Sorry for the doublepost)

PD: I can´t deactivate the white grid.

vilvoh

If you see the preview image of the addon, it's simply awesome!

Now, back to the topic, I suggest to mix train, tram and bus stations, not only train stations.

dannystaple

Ok - still off topic - but that underpass extension is amazing.. I so have to try that. Is it compatible with pak128 + pak128 Britain? Meanwhile - I may have to look at using underground networks in one of my busiest cities (for screenshot purposes) - although I generally avoid the expense of them (probably a SC habit hanging over) and just run very solid bus services for passengers.
Game Player, game developer and article writer.
Simutrans Game Play Help and Tips

ger

Quote from: dannystaple on March 31, 2010, 09:21:53 PM
Ok - still off topic - but that underpass extension is amazing.. I so have to try that. Is it compatible with pak128 + pak128 Britain? Meanwhile - I may have to look at using underground networks in one of my busiest cities (for screenshot purposes) - although I generally avoid the expense of them (probably a SC habit hanging over) and just run very solid bus services for passengers.

Ithink it should be compatible with all simutrans 128 paksets.
The japanese addons aren´t specifics for the pak128.japan. They can be used on any 128 pakset.

MoTw

Here's my entry:

pak96.comic

"This is <Korinth main station>. It's the biggest station of the whole world and overcrowded for more than hundred years. Recently, there has been set up a metro link to provide better connection to the city centre. You can see the metro tracks on the left. Next to it, there are four tracks for the high-speed lines serving all parts of the map. The single track on the right is reserved for a small post train."

~ edit: attachment removed, see below ~
pak96.comic addons

Fuzzy Peach

I have an entry! Everything actually works except for the underpass and the road was expanded. I`m just sad that i had to downscale it which reduced the quality.

sojo

Nice screenshots!!  :)

This competition needs more. Go on!
"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

MoTw

I've updated my screenshot:

pak96.comic 'beta' version + all of my trains

"This is <Korinth main station>. It's the biggest station of the whole world and overcrowded for more than hundred years. Recently, there has been set up a metro link to provide better connection to the city centre. You can see the metro tracks on the left. Next to it, there are four tracks for the high-speed lines serving all parts of the map. Just at the timetable change the new Hermes trains were introduced and now play a main part in the transportation network: Running - or should I say: flying ;) - with almost 450 km/h and having even more seats than the famous 'NoSe Arrow', big parts of waiting passengers are carried away in a very fast but expensive way: Only one of the Hermes trains you can see in the picture costs incredible 138 "credits" per kilometre!"

pak96.comic addons

vilvoh

Today ends the nomination period, so hurry up in case you want to take part on the contest!

Lukewarm

I can't enter this month at the only thing I have ever built underground are single tunnels!

:newbie:

MoTw

Quote from: Lukewarm on April 14, 2010, 08:51:36 AM
I can't enter this month at the only thing I have ever built underground are single tunnels!

:newbie:

Just wait for the next month ;)
pak96.comic addons

vilvoh

The nomination period is over, so this topic will be locked and now you can vote for the candidates at the poll.