News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Metro

Started by Reddog785, May 10, 2010, 06:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reddog785

I'm aware of the London Underground stuff, but there any Metro stuff for Pak 128 please?

gauthier

I planned to make Paris'Metro for pak128 but in some weeks because I haven't much time now.

vilvoh

Now that the underground mode has become more important, we really need new underground specific stuff like depots, signs, tunnels, passenger stations, etc...

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

VS

There's a small set of metros from Zeno somewhere... I must include it in pak128 soon :-/

And I agree - more underground items sound like fun. Some of your depots already look good underground, though...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Zeno

Quote from: VS on May 10, 2010, 10:06:23 PM
There's a small set of metros from Zeno somewhere...
Yep, 8 or 9 metros inspired in Barcelona (Spain) ones. IIRC I never released them, because they're in narrow scale and coded as trams. Maybe I can make a pre-release or somewhat else with them...

Fabio

Can we set up a Metro toolbar?

VS

That would require a new waytype, no? Otherwise it has no point.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Fabio

POSSIBILITY:
Excluding a new waytype, I believe it could be possible using system_type flag.

OPPORTUNITY:
IMHO, it could simplify menus (say, there are 5 station types overground and 3 underground: 8 stations altogether are a lot, and it couldn't be easy to distinguish from o/g and u/g stations) and make things easier for the player (if i'm building overground, why should i see in my menu metro stations? and the other way round)

Zeno

If fabio is right in all that he says (system_type flag, etc, so it's possible to do it) I would support his proposal: separate menus for "upperground" rail and underground rail systems. That would be great to avoid menu overcrowding.

On the other hand, it would be a menu "only" for stations and depots, as underground ways and signals are handled different from surface ones IIRC. I was thinking/wondering as I wrote, so correct me please if I am wrong...

gauthier

Currently, underground rails are tunnels ...

VS

As of now, using system_type would help in separating things into toolbars, but nothing more. But even so, it seems useful... the problem is, where do we get enough stuff to fill a toolbar? ;D

Fabio

Quote from: VS on May 11, 2010, 06:33:55 PM
As of now, using system_type would help in separating things into toolbars
Sorry, by menus i meant toolbars  :-X

Quote from: VS on May 11, 2010, 06:33:55 PM
where do we get enough stuff to fill a toolbar? ;D
one depot, two dedicated tunnels (or all tunnels) and electification (normal and third rail), three stations, a handful of signals, a way removal... it's enough for a start!

by the way, could Timothy's Tube be added in standard pak 128?
(there is already electification + 3 stations) + Zeno's set...

wlindley

Perhaps the "Underground Station Extension" idea ( http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=4785 ) would address this issue, instead of  a whole new set of coding?

i.e., when you switch to Underground mode, a whole different set of depots, platforms, and extensions buildings would appear on the railways menu.