News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

New translation texts

Started by jamespetts, May 24, 2010, 08:32:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

For all the kind people who translate Simutrans-Experimental: with the new version, there are now new texts to translate: see Simutranslator for details.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

sanna

There seems to be some strings missing at SimuTranslator that are present in base_texts_experimental.dat. The one I have noticed so far is
obj=program_text
name=Hilly landscape
note=For the climate window

EDIT: Furthermore, the distance given in kilometres when specifying the size of the map to use, does not respect the decimal separator for the given locale. (But the current balance in the bottom row does....)

EDIT: Some strings seem to be missing from  base_texts_experimental.dat as well:
Congestion
Goods supplied
Power supply
Car ownership

EDIT: The thousand separator in Swedish is a space, which in Standard was solved by translating it as   This does not work in Experimental, where the ampersand is shown (as in 500&000,00)

jamespetts

Sanna,

thank you very much for the report - I have duly uploaded the missing texts to Simutranslator. As to the decimal point issue, that arises in code implemented by Bernd Gabriel - I shall have to ask him about that. Thank you very much again for your help with the Swedish translation :-)

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Frank

Quote from: sanna on May 24, 2010, 04:25:46 PM
EDIT: The thousand separator in Swedish is a space, which in Standard was solved by translating it as   This does not work in Experimental, where the ampersand is shown (as in 500&000,00)

which may be a export bug in the Translator

Edit

please test text export

sanna

A few more missing strings:
Finances window - can be found in base_texts_experimental.dat, but not at SimuTranslator
Interest
Credit limit
Fixed Costs
Next Month:

Goods list - can be found in base_texts_experimental.dat, but not at SimuTranslator
Distance\nComfort\nSpeedbonus\nroad %i km/h, rail %i km/h\nships %i km/h, planes %i km/h.

EDIT:
Related to replacing (snip from :base_texts_experimental.dat)
obj=program_text
name=Replacing
note=Status shown on replace button when it is in active use
-
obj=program_text
name=Replacing\nvehicles of\n%-20s\ncompleted
note=Message when replacing vehicles is complete

More convoi dialogue:
Buy/sell
Upgrade

sanna

Quote from: Frank on May 25, 2010, 07:22:33 AM
which may be a export bug in the Translator
please test text export

I have retested the text export and it still gives me   in the .tab file. However manually editing the tab file replacing   with a space solves the problem in game.

jamespetts

Sanna,

thank you for the reports, and apologies for the delay in replying: I have just returned from holiday. If the strings are in base_texts_experimental.dat, then I don't understand why they wouldn't be in Simutranslator - perhaps Frank can help...?

jonasbb

Maybe I can help you.
Can you give me the base_texts_experimental.dat?

jamespetts

Jonasbb,

thank you for the offer. The file is available on the Simutrans-Experimental Github repository, as with all of the supplemental .dat files.

sanna

James,

Maybe... if I could have SimuTranslator admin rights for Exp (as I do for pak128.Britain) then I could add the missing strings myself... Frank could give me those rights, but I am sure he would want your consent first.

jamespetts

Sanna,

yes, certainly I'm happy for you to have such rights - you've been a very helpful contributor so far :-)

sanna

Since there seemed to be gaps in the texts that should have been imported with base_texts_experimental, I have reimported them. Identical key strings means that existing translations have been preserved.

jamespetts

That's very kind. I'm not sure what the problem was originally, but thank you for working on fixing it. Might I request that other translators look over the translation texts again to fill in the gaps? :-)