News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

New clipping error

Started by prissi, July 05, 2010, 08:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prissi

Bus drives ontop of normal city buildings in front

Dwachs

ups. Is this one new or is this there since my change in the display routines?
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

prissi

I just noticed it today, so I think yes. Before this could not really happen, since this tile in question was drawn afterwards.

Dwachs

I can't reproduce this. Do you have a savegame?

prissi

Unfourtunately no, it was was a test on a 1024x1024 map with maximum roughness andd hilly (320/7) and 160 town with 16000 size. Maybe tere are invisible slopes?

EDIT: just found it again: http://rapidshare.com/files/405580525/display-clip.sve

Dwachs

Nothing wrong there.

Did you use the 8-bit version?

prissi

Strange, now it is also gone ... seems to happen only on freshly generated maps.

prissi

Some further results: This error happens only after jumping to a previously invisible location using the minimap window. Use the pak64 game from the test server and center on Berlin (for instance) will give clipping errors. (Any other place might be as well.) It does not happen all the times though.

Dwachs

I cant reproduce it :/ Does the error go away after some steps? Does it go away if the game is paused?

I cannot imagine how clicking in the minimap can disturb the displaying algorithm that much. In all the decisions "when to display what" do not depend on actual position of the map on the screen.

prissi

It happens on one out in five times. It seems to happens epseically when the cache of objects in exhausteed (like I saw the dock in player color 1, 3 and 15) It will be usually gone after a restart, with a 90% chance. Sorry to have it not more reproducable.

Dwachs

Patch (quick & dirty style) attached. Please test.

I used template functions to refer to pixcopy / colorpixcopy to avoid source code duplication. Any comments on that?

prissi

I will test it this evening.

prissi

Performance is nearly trice as slow as before; but called seldomly, so just commit it.

Dwachs

Quote from: prissi on September 07, 2010, 08:45:45 PM
Performance is nearly trice as slow as before; but called seldomly, so just commit it.
Performance of what? display_color_img?

prissi

Yes, from 0.13% of total time to 0.45% of total time in my testgame. (But with only a single company in this game.)

prissi

Do you intend to submit this?

Dwachs

Will do it.

Edit: Done with rev 3787.

prissi

Aparently the issue is not solved. Look at the current gift online game in biberach depot. Catenary and busses are drawn ontop of depot.

Dwachs

Back and front images were exchanged. Should be solved with pak64 rev 334

prissi