News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

SMSC Poll: July - Highway infrastructure

Started by vilvoh, July 16, 2010, 06:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is the most beautiful screenshot about highway infrastructures?

The Ayalon Highways in Tel - Aviv
2 (3.9%)
A-8804
0 (0%)
Across the northern highlands
0 (0%)
A-10
0 (0%)
Spaghetti fun
4 (7.8%)
Simutrans highways
7 (13.7%)
Urban highway
4 (7.8%)
A-88
0 (0%)
A toll barrier in the midle of the water
0 (0%)
A99
1 (2%)
A42
2 (3.9%)
Spiestand
5 (9.8%)
Spaghetti highway
4 (7.8%)
top speed through the city skyline
5 (9.8%)
A1 Great Harbour Bridge at night
7 (13.7%)
Highway junction to Moscow
0 (0%)
Highway interchange
8 (15.7%)
Highway between wind turbines
2 (3.9%)
Autobahn
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Voting closed: July 23, 2010, 06:51:46 PM

vilvoh

Welcome to the Simutrans Monthly Screenshot Contest (SMSC) Poll.

This month's topic is Highway Infrastructure. Please vote for your favourite picture. You can only select one. The survey will be available for just 1 week. The winner will gets fame and glory at the Simutrans Community.

Candidates & Pictures

click on the names for fullsize images.

1. The Ayalon Highways in Tel - Aviv.. idan44 - pak64+addons
2. A-8804.. Dr. Iver  - pak64 0.88.4
3. Across the northern highlands.. derajjared - pak128 + pak128.derajjared
4. A-10..  PorscheTaurus - pak64 + pak.german + addons
5. Spaghetti fun.. Optimix - pak128
6. Simutrans highways.. Isaac.Eiland-Hall - Open Pak128 + US road set + fence addons
7. Urban highway.. sojo - pak96.comic
8. A-88.. SimBubik - pak.german 102.2.2
9. A toll barrier in the midle of the water.. ger  - pak128.japan + addons
10. A99.. Nico192  - pak96.comic
11. A42.. SkRik - pak.german
12. Spiestand.. Mopoona - pak.german
13. Spaghetti highway.. prissi & HK guy  - pak128 + HK addons
14. top speed through the city skyline.. Lobsus - pak128 + pak128.japan skycrappers + addons
15. A1 Great Harbour Bridge at night.. Lokführer - pak.german + pak.japan + addons
16. Highway junction to Moscow..  Sybill - pak64 + addons
17. Highway interchange.. Fabio - Openpak 128 + preview of new roads for pak 128
18. Highway between wind turbines.. simu-fritze  - pak128
19. Autobahn..  Simutranser - pak128

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Isaac Eiland-Hall

There are a LOT of great submissions! I completely didn't foresee that happening when I heard what the topic was this month - I tend to think of myself as one of the very few freeway users.... but I see that's not true. Yay for freeways! :)

wlindley

Grammar note:  You do not have "one infrastructure, two infrastructures."  You have one piece of infrastructure, two pieces of infrastructure.  It's a collective noun like "clothing," "hardware," and "software."  You don't have two clothings or two softwares!

Combuijs

Some great pictures there! Very difficult to choose one. Well done to all!
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

vilvoh

Only three days left to know the winner. Come on guys, vote!  8)

vilvoh

Nine hours to close the poll, and we don't have a clear winner yet!! come on, your vote may be decisive...

Stubbsy

Where do you vote? I re-read and can't see where?

Now i've posted i can see it! Before i couldn't even when i refreshed

nitromefan

It's up the top stubb.

Fabio where did you get those nice highway parts?

vilvoh

Quote from: nitromefan on July 23, 2010, 10:11:08 AM

It's a Work in Progress project, it's part of the new road set for pak128 but it's not available yet. Go to http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=3233.msg53491#msg53491

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Quote from: nitromefan on July 23, 2010, 10:11:08 AM
It's up the top stubb.

Also, I changed your line of dashes to "[ hr ]" (without spaces) so it didn't break the forum's frame.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Please note that nitromefan has been changed to a "Lounger"; therefore, any followups for them from this thread should be directed there.

For more information, see here: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=5620.0

If this post is a double-post, it is intentional.

Please continue the thread. If you have any questions about this post, please start a new topic in the Help Requests board.

ger

Well my choice is already made, a while ago.

The Poll closes in twenty minutes.

Lokführer

Oh... I see. I just wanted to ask: The poll closes 7:51 PM - which time zone?  ;D

Thank you "ger"!

ger

I don´t know (i think it´s GMT by default)

but in the forum, you can se the forum hour, in the upper left corner

At this time is: July 23, 2010, 07:50:10 PM

You can configure the time zone on the profile.

Lokführer

Yeah... I see. I only was very impatient... and curious

ger

Me too, jeje.

Well the poll it´s closed, and the winners are already defined.

Congratulations to the contestants and winners.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Times on the forum should all match what you have configured for your timezone. :) For example, it ended at 12:51p for me. :)

And... CONGRATS TO FABIO! :D

Lokführer

Yeah! Congratulations Fabio!

This was a very amazing poll! Thanks for all contributions! I never thought, that it would be possible the share the second place! *handshake* Isaac! (Perhaps I should vote for myself, the next time  ;D ... nono... just a joke!)

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Quote from: Lokführer on July 23, 2010, 07:06:42 PM
Yeah! Congratulations Fabio!

This was a very amazing poll! Thanks for all contributions! I never thought, that it would be possible the share the second place! *handshake* Isaac! (Perhaps I should vote for myself, the next time  ;D ... nono... just a joke!)

Congrats to you as well!

I never though, after early voting, that I would end up here. :)

vilvoh

Actually, It has been the toughest voting. Three days ago, there was a triple tie for the first place (Fabio, Isaac and Lokführer), another triple tie for the second place and a double tie for the third place. That's why I posted a message in order to encourage voting. We had to break the tie, altought nine hours ago the triple tie still persisted... As Lokführer said, it has been a great contest.  ;D

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Wow, I didn't realize it was anywhere near that close! Last time I'd seen it, I had three votes, others had 5-6 or so, and so I figured I was way out. hehehe

And I cannot wait to get Fabio's highways. Surely the entire highway-playing segment of Simutrans is bursting at the seams for those. hehehe

Fabio

Thank you, and congratulations to all the other contestants, too :D

My move was, to advertise a bit my roads replacement, and I must confess, I perfectly reached my goal, ihihihihih

Ok, so now I promise I will try to release the first part of the project (highways) soon. They are now very closed to be finished, finally :)

eddielexx

I wanted to show off my Highway/Heavy Rail T Intersection. It doesn't look very nice but it is functional, and I couldn't make tidy networks without this :D In fact, I route all my trains through this circular rail network, so, on the same route, I can have 7-10 trains at the same time, going to the same stations. You can see hubs, on the right side of apicture, in the tunnel I have underground station, on the surface I have tram/GLR/bus station which connects city and HW/HR system :D Dont even ask what will happen on full highway intersecion :S

123abc

Quote from: eddielexx on August 07, 2010, 04:38:31 PM
I wanted to show off my Highway/Heavy Rail T Intersection. (...)

Can you show us?

Mod note: Please, avoid making long and unnecessarily quotes (and with image that slows down the page even more), specially from a post that is just above yours. Why should people read an entire post again?
- Igor