News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Too high production when building industries

Started by chrigz, August 03, 2010, 02:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrigz

I'm using Simutrans 102.3 Experimental 8.2. When I change to "public service" and build industries using the button "Build Industries" and then choosing the one I'd like, the production is more or less 15 times what it should. For instance, if I set the Production of a Cattle Farm to 100, the farm actually built has a production of about 1500 units per month. This seems to be the case for all the industries.

When using the increase industry density button, the problem doesn't appear. It seems to be an experimental related bug, because when I quickly checked in standard Simutrans, it worked correctly. Also, changing the bits_per_month doesn't seem to have any influence.

Chris

Pete

I get this as well. I've just built a green grocers and told it to have production of 96 units and it was built with nearly 3200! I've have built power stations with the similar results. I've given up building things now, they won't do what I tell them to......

Sholong

The production value shown when trying to build any industry, is being multiplied to obtain the production value of the industry being built. For example, when i build the bookstore, i input 1 as the production value, the bookstore that eventually being built will have a consumption value of 32 per month; if I put 2, the value is 64 and so on...... problem occur on lots of the industry, if not all, that are being able to built by public player.

I understand this is an old post to be replied, but the problem still exist on my 111.0 Experimental 10.11 -r1011 with the pak.128Britain 0.8.3.

HeinBloed

I can confirm your observation Sholong, except that the base factor for me seems to be 16 instead of 32. (using the same versions and the default config from the Windows Complete package)
(previously known as "tttron")

Sholong

Quote from: HeinBloed on April 16, 2012, 05:21:24 PM
I can confirm your observation Sholong, except that the base factor for me seems to be 16 instead of 32. (using the same versions and the default config from the Windows Complete package)
As far as I can remember, the base value seems to variate between different industries. I couldnt remember the exact value I've got when building bookstore, but I think the base values are usually multiplies of two.

jamespetts

I have - eventually - fixed this on the -devel branch. Apologies for the delay, and thank you all for the reports!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.