News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Bug (8.2): industries and new towns

Started by Carl, October 07, 2010, 09:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl

Standardly, each industry shows a "Workers live in:" value which features three or four nearby cities. However, in Experimental, when a new city is built, it is added to the "Workers live in:" list of every existing industry, no matter how far away that industry is from the new city.

I assume that this is a bug, rather than a feature? Having done some testing, it seems that the bug only arises in Experimental. (Running 8.2, pak64).

jamespetts

This would indeed be a bug - I shall have to look into this. Thank you for the report :-)
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Dwachs

I implemented a fix (by z9999) in standard to address this issue. I do not know whether this cures this bug or not.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

jamespetts

Dwachs,

thank you for that - it does indeed seem to work!

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

jamespetts

Dwachs' fix for this is now incorporated in 9.0.