News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

from 1.1.2011: no pak.german anymore

Started by jonasbb, October 20, 2010, 08:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonasbb

As Frank wrote in this wiki article there won't be an official version pak.german for Simutrans standart from 1.1.2011.

He wrote that he means there is no chance for pak.german anymore. He will only support Simutrans Experimental.

Support for the current 0.102.2.2 is not guaranteed.

DirrrtyDirk

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Spike

Good to see that Simutrans Experimental gets more support. Some players seem to like the new features of STE quite a lot.

prissi

Although the download ratios and default installs in Linux distribution is still standard. Thus, somebody else should take over the support of pak.german for standard, as it is a popular pak set.

vilvoh

In summary, pak.german moves to experimental only, right?

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

DirrrtyDirk

Quote from: vilvoh on October 21, 2010, 02:40:16 PM
In summary, pak.german goes to experimental only, right?

Well... at least Frank does. The pakset itself might remain available for standard as well, if someone else is willing to maintain a version for it. After all, Frank is just the maintainer, but the set and the graphics aren't his property.

Frank

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on October 21, 2010, 03:55:28 PM
.... The pakset itself might remain available for standard as well, if someone else is willing to maintain a version for it. After all, Frank is just the maintainer, but the set and the graphics aren't his property.

The source files from 2008 are available ( dev-version 0.99.18 ) (prissi, alex brose, sojo).

Then there were few additions to graphics. And the one who can look together.

As for the data (Dats) I am not obliged to provide this.

DirrrtyDirk

Quote from: Frank on October 21, 2010, 04:05:53 PM
As for the data (Dats) I am not obliged to provide this.

Never said you were. Only said that just because you stop doing it, doesn't mean that there cannot be a new version for standard by someone else.
On the other hand, if you want all that to end up in confrontation... the artists aren't obliged to let you change to what is basically "another game" with their graphics either, while almost "sabotaging" the original game the graphics were created for in the process, are they? But such a confrontational approach would benefit nobody. It would actually only hurt the whole simutrans idea. Some mutual good will however, could easily solve all that before it ever came up. You could use graphics you did not create, and someone else could use dats he or she did not create. IMO that's just fair. It would all be way better for the the game and all the players out there - the often cited community - than the previously mentioned behaviour. But it's your decision to make.

Frank

If there is a person who wants to make it genuine, the person can certainly contact me.

If, however, before anything should be changed, it is unnecessary to publish the current dats.

DirrrtyDirk

greenling

I Find that the closing the pak.german for the standart simutrans the wrong way it.
Pak.german gives it over 4 year for simutrans standart.
through the closing from pak.german for standart simutrans donig frank kills
a big fancommunity.
I self have in my simutransliberty pak.german since simutrans 0.86.3.3.
some Pakfiles be are working as addon in my standartpak.
ICE 1,ICE 3,DB Br 420/421 as exampel.
Frank your idea pak.german be close for standart simutrans it´s bad.

greenling
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

sdog

no, it's not bad greenling, it's Frank's time he's investing, you can't demand from him to continue working on pak german. There is also the offer to let someone else continue to maintain it for standard, that's in my opinion fair enough.

Frank

Quote from: greenling on October 28, 2010, 04:27:47 PM

I have never said or claimed

I said, I'm not looking in as far as I can maintain the standard set for further

But thanks to his jonasbb and panic mongering I've ended my involvement in Simutrans final. Also because some people accused of things I have to offer me I need not have, with what I have done everything for Simutrans and its players.

[de]
Quote from: greenling on October 28, 2010, 04:27:47 PM

das hab ich nie gesagt oder behauptet

ich sagte, das ich nicht weis in wie weit ich das Set für Standard weiter pflegen kann
( Zusatz in deutsch: bezogen auf neue Objekte und Balancing, Fehlerbereinigung stand nicht zur Debatte und war eingeplant  )

Aber Dank jonasbb und seiner Panicmache hab ich meine Mitarbeit an Simutrans entgültig beendet. Auch weil einige Leute Sachen mir Vorgeworfen haben die ich mir nicht bieten lassen brauch, bei dem was ich alles geleistet habe für Simutrans und dessen Spieler.

( Zusatz in deutsch: solche Leute die erst mal öffentlich auf einen rumhacken, statt das interne/persönliche Gespräch zu suchen. Und diese Leute brauchen von mir auch keinerlei Respekt mehr zu erwarten. )
[/de]

prissi

Frank you have achieved more than most people who have been involved with simutrans, and you were one of the driving forces for some years. I am glad simutrans had you, and you should be proud of it (most prominient is the wiki and the current simutranslator, aprt from pak german. Those would not have been possible respitvely are a lto made by yourself.

We did not always agree, but I still respected you. Take care!