News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Download problem

Started by linguadharma, May 02, 2011, 04:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

linguadharma

Hello,

I just tried to download the most recent version of simutrans I could find (110-0-1) and the associated pak64, and after repeated tries got the following message when I clicked the executable file. I'm running this on an Intel Mac, and I had placed the "pak" folder into the "simutrans" folder, which I'd moved to Applications. What's going wrong? The message that came up is as follows:

/Applications/simutrans/simutrans ; exit;
d226:~ cgeissl1$ /Applications/simutrans/simutrans ; exit;
dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/SDL.framework/Versions/A/SDL
  Referenced from: /Applications/simutrans/simutrans
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap
logout

[Process completed]

Help?

transporter

So...can be a tough problem.
First, you need SDL which you can find here http://www.libsdl.org/download-1.2.php. Put all that in the Frameworks folder in your HD Library folder. If it still doesn't work, open up the 'simutrans' program file using Text Edit. GO down to the line that says @executable_path/../Frameworks/SDL.framework/Versions/A/SDL (should be only a few lines from top) and delete the 2 dots ( path/../Frame ) then add them back in. At least, this is what worked for me.

linguadharma

Yay! It works. Thank you!

(I didn't realize I had to create a new "Library" folder to put the download in.)