News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Fatal Error

Started by snowguy716, June 27, 2011, 06:14:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowguy716

For whatever reason, my version 8.2 of experimental works like a charm... but no matter how many times I try to download and reinstall the latest version, I get "fatal error:  [insert a bunch of random letters and numbers] and then "expected [i32], got [boo]"... every single time.  It's more frustrating than you can imagine... because the regular Simutrans file in the same directory works just fine!  Even though the experimental files have replaced the original simutrans files (the various folders).

Can anyone please tell me what's going on?  I don't want to be stuck with version 8.2 forever!

Also, this reminds me why I will never buy a PC!  I'm running WinXP under bootcamp on an iMac.  I have regular Simutrans for MacOS which is what I normally play on and it works fine... but I wanted to try the latest experimental and immediately I'm running into scores of errors and lags and problems.

Please excuse the tone.. I'm just very frustrated.  :(

ӔO

I would try deleting the settings-experimental.xml file in the "my documents/simutrans" folder.
and maybe use 9.5 if you can find it, or wait for 9.11, which will have more bug fixes.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

snowguy716

Thanks for the quick reply.  I'll give it a try.

Problem solved!  Thanks a bunch!