News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Bus and Tram Stops replacement project

Started by Fabio, September 01, 2011, 03:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabio

Hello,

as announced in other topics, I'm also preparing a new version (the 3rd one!!) of bus stops.

This set will be more complete, this is the plan:

Age 1 - Up to 1950

Level 1B: pax, bus
Level 1M: mail, truck
Level 2B: pax + mail, bus
Level 2T: pax, tram
Level 4B: pax + mail, bus
Level 4T: pax, tram

Age 2 - 1950 - 2000

Age 3 - From 2000 on

Here's a preview of levels 1B-4B:

The plan contains also big terminus stops, with levels 6-8

There will be also goods platforms, both terminus and on the right-of-way.

I'm considering making also 2 additional versions of each stop on the right-of-way, one for the SN and EW direction, one for the NS and WE, but I'm afraid it could clutter the toolbar unnecessarily.

DCD

your  work is great   :o     

i like  that  bus stops 
.             SIMUTRANS--SIMUTRANS  

Václav

I guess that stations along the first two roads (taken from top) are for tram.
They are quite beautiful - but each roof is a little different. Mainly northern end is different from southern one - because on southern end is sharp edge between side and own roof - but northern one ends in else way.

Also on bus stations are few things that looks strange. Bending of roof on levels 2, 3 and 4 of bus stations of age 3 seems be a little different on each of both sides. That bending is surely good idea but I think that there that bending would be turned by 90 degrees. It means that bending would be the same oriented like on following picture (but roof will be of the same total angle):

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

PkK

Quote from: fabio on September 01, 2011, 03:30:05 PM
Hello,

as announced in other topics, I'm also preparing a new version (the 3rd one!!) of bus stops.

This set will be more complete, this is the plan:

Age 1 - Up to 1950

[...]

Does that mean we will no longer be able to use bus stops for tram or tram stops for bus? That "feature" makes for convenient interchanges, and is very common IRL, too.

Here's a typical one I see nearly every day:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=50.105832&mlon=8.664293&zoom=18&layers=M
The middle road (in the map) has tram tracks and both trams and busses stop there (while other traffic uses the outer lanes).

Philipp

Fabio

Quote from: PkK on September 02, 2011, 10:48:24 AM
Does that mean we will no longer be able to use bus stops for tram or tram stops for bus?

Absolutely not.

Bus stops can be built on roads with or without tram tracks and used by both busses and trams (if there are tram tracks). They show up in Road toolbar.

Tram stops can be built on tram tracks, regardless they are or not on a road, and used by both trams and busses (if on a road). They show up in Tram toolbar.

Their main visual difference will be the platform layout and the fact that tram stops don't accept mail.

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on September 01, 2011, 07:09:34 PM
I guess that stations along the first two roads (taken from top) are for tram.

No. Those are bus stops for Age 1. No tram stop painted so far.

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on September 01, 2011, 07:09:34 PM
but each roof is a little different. Mainly northern end is different from southern one - because on southern end is sharp edge between side and own roof - but northern one ends in else way.

Also on bus stations are few things that looks strange. Bending of roof on levels 2, 3 and 4 of bus stations of age 3 seems be a little different on each of both sides. That bending is surely good idea but I think that there that bending would be turned by 90 degrees. It means that bending would be the same oriented like on following picture (but roof will be of the same total angle):

Bending is the trickiest part to do, if you don't use 3D modelling. I'll look into this and see if I can polish them better.

Thank you for your feedback!

Václav

Quote from: fabio on September 02, 2011, 11:23:52 AM
Bending is the trickiest part to do, if you don't use 3D modelling. I'll look into this and see if I can polish them better.
I know it - and it is reason why I suggested change of those rooves to similar face like that station from linked photo.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

greenling

fabio
the Picture from the building looks good out!
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!