A new version of Simutrans-Experimental is available to-day: Simutrans 110.6 Experimental 10.1. See here
for more information on how to download, install and set up the latest version. For those already familiar with the installation and setup, here are some quick links:
Note that the Windows binaries contain the Windows version of the no-graphics server. Neither Makeobj nor Nettool, nor the configuration files have been updated for this version. This is a minor bugfix release to 10.0 (which was a major upgrade to 9.12 - see here
for details of what that update entailed), principally to fix the issue that made 10.0 unavailable for Linux. There are also one or two other minor bugfixes. Changes are listed below:Changes since 10.0
Feedback and testing
- FIX: Nettool now compiles
- FIX: The display of whether any given tile was within a town or not did not show when the ground was empty.
- CHANGE: "Open water" displayed of "open countryside" on water tiles.
- FIX: Correct explanatory text for Nettool.
- FIX: allow extension of runways again (from Standard)
- FIX: Compile issues with Linux x64 (Prissi)
- FIX: (z9999) again loading correctly XML games
- FIX: Out of date liveries are no longer selected when a non-matching scheme is chosen.
Thanks also to all those who have tested Simutrans-Experimental and provided useful feedback (and especially all those who helpfully subjected the pre-release versions of 10.0 to helpfully rigorous testing): it is very much appreciated. Any feedback from this version would, as ever, also be very much appreciated, including (1) the new time-related features (point to point journey timing, more accurate loading times, etc.); (2) online play (see here
for a list of Simutrans-Experimental servers); (3) general bug reports; (4) information as to how well-balanced that the game is; (5) any difference in approach/strategy needed for Simutrans-Experimental as over Simutrans-Standard; and (6) any other useful feedback.
Thanks again to all those who have worked to test Simutrans-Experimental, and happy playing!Note
This topic is locked, as it is intended to serve as an announcement. To report a bug or otherwise give feedback, please start a new thread for each
bug/topic. To ask a question about how to obtain Simutrans-Experimental, use this