News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Goods list - distance in km or tiles? - button request

Started by Milko, October 15, 2011, 01:24:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milko

Hello

In the goods list: distance is in tile or km?

I also have another question, you can add buttons that allow you to change the moving speed bonus of 5 or 10 values ​​at a time?
To pass from speed 0 to speed bonus = bonus = 100 it takes a long time ....

Giuseppe

jamespetts

The distance is in kilometres. Perhaps instead of having a button to move by larger numbers, it might be better to allow manual text entry? I'll have to look into how to do that, though.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Milko

Hello

Quote from: jamespetts on October 15, 2011, 03:37:54 PM
Perhaps instead of having a button to move by larger numbers, it might be better to allow manual text entry? I'll have to look into how to do that, though.

Yes, good idea also to be able to manually enter the value.

Giuseppe

HeinBloed

Guiseppe,

I had the same wish like you, so I used this change as an easy entry into the world of coding for Simutrans. ;) Easy because the required GUI component was already there, it's used on the settings window for a new map for example. You can still scroll like before, but now you can also enter the value directly. I've set upper limits of 9999 for distance and speedbonus as it looks like one must specify an upper limit in any case, the other limits are the same as in the old version. This is how it looks like (before/after):

I've pushed this to my repository at https://github.com/HeinBloed/simutrans-experimental/tree/devel.
(previously known as "tttron")

Milko

Hello HeinBloed

WOW, great! Thank you! I hope that James integrate the changes you made.  :)

Giuseppe

jamespetts

I have now integrated this into the -devel branch, although its release can occur only when the bugs on that branch have been fixed.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.