News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Request: Mail trams

Started by Spacethingy, November 06, 2011, 09:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spacethingy

My coding/graphics skills are  pretty :P so that's why I'm requesting, not trying myself!

Mail trams would be nice. Say you have a huge city with many extensive lines - ATM, the only way to get mail services is to make new truck lines - which is sad...  ;D

They do exist - e.g.....

Blackpool tram, 1982

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trams_in_Brisbane#City_of_Brisbane_.281925-1969.29
Early mail trams in Brisbane

Any thoughts?
Life is like a Simutrans transformer:

You only get one of them, and you can't have it on a slope.

greenling

Your Idea it´s nice!
very nice. :)
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Václav

Search in this board - for modern post trams. They look quite interesting - but they deserve change of dat, not for change of intro year (from 2000) - but for better constraints of vehicles of set (currently tram with only front car or with rear car is possible).

In that topic is available tram for palleted goods (no other goods are needed).

... but else I support idea of adding of few other ones into set.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

mph1977

a mail tram would be a good idea - otherwise a way of copying a tram route into a road list of stops   for the mail vans

on the two piece trams you could have the choice between a full passenger tram or one with a mail compartment ... 

Václav

mph1977, may it be that I am wrong but post trams, if any was constructed, were constructed specialized for transporting of post, not for transporting of passengers and post together.

From group of rail vehicles, only trains, mostly those of them, which are assembled of locomotive and classic cars, are capable to transport passengers and post together. But in late years, very high speed trains are constructed only for transporting of passengers - and sometime also for post, but not for transporting of both these goods together.

And for post trams look for in this topic. But they are available quite late - after year 2000 or so.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

transporter

I also just saw a show about the transparent VW plant that uses trams to deliver parts. What about that? I'm sure there are quite a few cities in games that have factories with tram lines either already connecting them or nearby