News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Simutrans on Mac

Started by coccinella, November 20, 2008, 04:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coccinella

I tried to install Simutrans on my Mac. (Laptop, Intel, OSX 10.4.) Unfortunately, the game doesn't work. I always get a message "image not found".

What's the correct version to download? Which Pak suit it? What else could be wrong?

Thanks Coccinella

Lmallet

What did you download?   ;)

Currently, leopard has been trying to get Simutrans running properly and easily on the Mac.  You can find his installer here:

http://www.aleopardstail.com/simutrans/Simutrans.html

Please note that there are some Mac specific bugs with Simutrans.  While leopard's latest version seems to deal with most of them, there is still some testing to do (which is difficult due to not having many Mac testers).  I am sure Leopard will be more than happy to get some feedback!

coccinella

Thanks so much. You saved my day!  ;D

This works wonderfully... *happy* :)

Greets Coccinella

MoTw

how do i install simutrans on mac os x?? I downloaded the simutrans-files for mac and unzipped them. At next I wanted to start simutrans, so I clicked on the icon. But there was just a message which said:
QuoteLast login: Sat Dec 27 20:44:00 on ttys000 noname:~ xxx$ /Users/xxx/Desktop/simutrans/sim_intel ; exit; dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libSDL-1.2.0.dylib Referenced from: /Users/xxx/Desktop/simutrans/sim_intel Reason: image not found Trace/BPT trap logout [Action Finished]

People in the german forum said I should install sdl, so I did it. But when I wanted to start simutrans again, the same message (see above) came. What am I doing wrong??? ??? ???
world is like a parachute: it works better when it's open
whenever you feel lost and alone, always remember your calculator is something you can count on
pak96.comic addons

Lmallet

Welcome to the forum MoTw!

If you are simply looking to play Simutrans, please refer to this post: 

http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=855.msg7538#msg7538

It is a slighlty older version of Simutrans, with pak 64, but at least it will get you started.

Otherwise, please let us know what versions of MacOSX and Simutrans you are trying, which pak you are trying to use, as well as where you downloaded the files.

IgorEliezer

Topic merged. :)

Seems I'll have to post (or edit an existing topic) a link pointing to there.

EDIT:

500th post!!! ;D

MoTw

Oh sorry, i'm using os x 10.5.

how can I add an additional pak? when i start the launcher, the game starts without any configuration. Where is the file where I can add paks? ???

(Sorry for re-open an existing theme!)

EDIT: No-one out there who can help me?? where is the launcher installed to? Where can i add paks?
world is like a parachute: it works better when it's open
whenever you feel lost and alone, always remember your calculator is something you can count on
pak96.comic addons

pattosp

I know this post is well old but dose anybody know how to install it? I've clicked on the link from the previous post but Ive gotten nowhere. Thanks for anything

DirrrtyDirk

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

pattosp

yeah ive tried that. i just dont know what to do with it. Do you have any idea?

Lord_Arokh

Hi There,

It is a bit late on replying after one year but I was just having the same issue while starting the simutrans on my MacBookPro.
Actually what you need to do is to download DMG file of SDL for MAC from http://www.libsdl.org/download-1.2.php
Then when you mount the DMG file copy the folder SDL.Framework to /Library/Frameworks

Then double click the simutrans(unix terminal) file which will start the game afterwards. Do not forget to download suitable paks also.

Cheers

Lord Arokh

An_dz

That's already in our wiki manual in English and Portuguese.