News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

[Patch] cities bridge over rivers

Started by Dwachs, November 23, 2011, 07:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwachs

This patch enables cities to build bridges across rivers.

Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

VS

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

TurfIt

Looks good.
Can create dead-end bridges though...

Fabio

wlindley

Works in Experimental, too, with one slight change (extra parameter to baue_gebauede())

http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=8602.0

Dwachs

Václav

Only minor question: what is limitation of river's width?

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

prissi

I found two issues:

First the bridges belong to nobody, thus everybody can destroy them. Also the indicator color is such case say it belongs to player 1. Maybe those should belong to the public player. If such a bridges is destroyed then the ground on the landing site has the wrong z-offset and the road type is also wrong. (I think this is somewhat connected to bridges without owner, which were not really considered legal so far, together with unowned tunnels or elevated roads.)

Another point is that the bridges are way too fast. Maybe rather the first matching bridges with a speed <= should be chosen.

The last think would be a parameter to make them less likely. Currently every road ending at a river is bridging it. Thus a town can have 7 bridges parallel (ok, was a little extreme case, but still ... )

Dwachs

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on December 03, 2011, 09:20:28 PM
Only minor question: what is limitation of river's width?
It can bridge 2 tiles of river or sea.
Quote from: prissi on December 03, 2011, 10:44:19 PM
First the bridges belong to nobody, thus everybody can destroy them. Also the indicator color is such case say it belongs to player 1. Maybe those should belong to the public player. If such a bridges is destroyed then the ground on the landing site has the wrong z-offset and the road type is also wrong. (I think this is somewhat connected to bridges without owner, which were not really considered legal so far, together with unowned tunnels or elevated roads.)
fixed in 4969

Another point is that the bridges are way too fast. Maybe rather the first matching bridges with a speed <= should be chosen.
The bridge is chosen according to timeline, using the functions from the bridge builder.

The last think would be a parameter to make them less likely. Currently every road ending at a river is bridging it. Thus a town can have 7 bridges parallel (ok, was a little extreme case, but still ... )
In my tests, I have never seen a city building two bridges next to each other.

prissi

With seven bridges in parallel I mean 7 bridges only 1-2 tiles away from each other. About the bridges builder hmm.