News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

min wait time at stations

Started by msp, November 25, 2008, 09:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msp

hi,

i try to add min wait time at stations in simutrans. it works well on my system but first i am interested in your opinion about that and if sombody wants this i can add it to a nightly built.

thanks
msp

Combuijs

Very useful option. So useful, that it already is implemented  ;D. See version 100.0 or the latest nightly.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

Frank

Quote from: Combuijs on November 25, 2008, 10:59:08 PM
Very useful option. So useful, that it already is implemented  ;D. See version 100.0 or the latest nightly.

No. Implement is 'max wait time'.

This is 'min wait time'.

msp

hi,

frank is right. i mean the minimum wait time at stations. in all versions the minimum wait time is 2 seconds. my idea is to change this time for station individually.

msp

DirrrtyDirk

Couldn't we just use the same interface as for the max. wait time (which as far as I understood it - haven't really played with it much - only works together with setting a mininum load percentage)?

So maybe we could change that so that it works even with mininum load percentage set to "0" - so that it doesn't care for load but always waits until the time is up - and that would give us a minimum waiting time, would it not?

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

msp

hi,

here is my first patch for nightly. i can't commit this directly and i hope anybody of authorized programmers make this :-)

thanks.
msp

msp

hi,

i made a simutrans game and you can download and test it. if one train stops in a station all of the waiting time passangers can enter the train. i hope you understand what i tried to say :-)

http://marc.marc-und-antje.de/simutrans/files/download.php?filecounter=simu_msp.zip&zip=1

and my patch is the attachment

Combuijs

OK, can anybody explain why the minimum wait time option is useful?  ::)

In my opinion this is not better as maximum wait time in combination with 100% load percentage. I can see why you want a minimum distance between vehicles, because they tend to clog up (get very close behind each other) if you don't do anything. But I don't mind when vehicles do that, if they have a 100% load percentage. Makes no sense to wait in such a case. If they are not 100% full, then it is better to let them wait a while, but that is exactly what the maximum wait time is doing.

What do I overlook?
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

z9999

Quote from: msp on November 30, 2008, 09:32:45 PM
i made a simutrans game and you can download and test it.

Where is your game ?
I couldn't find your game in it.

BTW, I tested this patch and was disappointed.
Convois can't load goods which arrived at the station while waiting.
It waits after leaving the station.

msp

hi,

you can't find it after loading a game but you can have a look at a train in a station. better you start a new game :-)

msp