News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Ford Trimotor (airplanes)

Started by Milko, January 02, 2012, 04:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milko

Hello

What I attach is my Christmas present, unfortunately, I'm late, but I was not able to do better  :) .
The livery is Northern & Scottish Airways.
It's a small plane, this plane was very popular around the world in the year 20/30/40. The peculiarity of this aircraft, although it is not the only one with this feature, has three propellers.
Soon I should be able to publish even the "postal" version.

Ford Trimotor (various version)

Dati generali del modello:
First delivery                                              06/1926
Last delivery                                             07/1933
Pax                                                     8 (4-AT) / 12 (4-AT-B) / 13 (5-AT-A) / 15 (5-AT-B) / 17 (5-AT-C)
Engines                                                  3 x 2,3kN (3 x 200SHP / 4-AT) / 3 x 2,5kN (3 x 220SHP / 4-AT-B) / 3 x 4,9kN (3 x 420SHP / 5-AT-A/B/C)
Operational empty weight (OEW)                     3,4t
Max Fuel                                   0,8t
Max teakoff weight (MTOW)                       5,7t
Max Zero fuel weight (MZFW)     4,6t
Max Payload (MZFW-OEW)                       1,2t / 0,4t con max fuel

Cost                                                              42K$ nel 1933

Economical Cruise speed                               198km/h
Max cruise speed                                           259km/h

(The weight data and the characteristics are those of the model 5-AT-B)

Giuseppe

The Hood

Excellent work Milko.  I'm adding this to SVN now, but I extended the retirement date to 1965 (I'll change this back once we get more planes to fill the timeline before the BAC 111).

jamespetts

Delightful - a wonderful Christmas present indeed!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

wlindley

Wooooot!

However -- Please correct: svn has file air/images/Ford_Trimotor_NSA.PNG -- upper-case filenames fail in makeobj  on Linux.

The Hood

jamespetts

One small correction to the above - according to Wikipedia, the cost was $42,000US in 1933, not $42,000,000; perhaps this is a translation error, though?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Milko

Hello

Quote from: jamespetts on January 03, 2012, 12:11:47 AM
One small correction to the above - according to Wikipedia, the cost was $42,000US in 1933, not $42,000,000; perhaps this is a translation error, though?

True  :)

Quote from: The Hood on January 02, 2012, 05:23:06 PM
Excellent work Milko.  I'm adding this to SVN now, but I extended the retirement date to 1965 (I'll change this back once we get more planes to fill the timeline before the BAC 111).

The search for the dates of introduction and end of production is not simple, so thank you if (when the gap will be filled) the start and end dates will be brought to those that had put me in my initial files.
However I have set (and I did in all my other planes) "increase_maintenance_after_years" to 30 so that the plane can also be used beyond the end date of production.
In some cases I used the date of first production equal to the date of commencement of the use of the livery (such as the Airbus 319 that I modeled in two liveries). In the event that I'm talking about, even if it is the airbus 319 for both cases, the introduction dates are different also because the models used by the two companies (british airways and easy jet) are different versions.

Giuseppe

Milko

Hello

The Ford trimotor - mail version - royal mail livery (the signs written on the wings blacks are the words Royal Mail, unfortunately, the plane is so small that you do not read ...)

Less powerful than the passenger version and with lower operating costs.

Giuseppe

jamespetts

The Hood

Tha1337er

This is the perfect combo, my favorite pakset, with my favorite plane.
Pak128 Britain FTW.