A new version of Simutrans-Experimental is available to-day: Simutrans 111.0 Experimental 10.8. See here
for more information on how to download, install and set up the latest version. For those already familiar with the installation and setup, here are some quick links:Edit
: Added links to Linux binaries.
Note that the Windows binaries contain the Windows version of the no-graphics server and Nettool. Neither Nettool nor Makeobj have been updated for this version. This is a bugfix version, which fixes reported issues in 10.6. I have included the version compiled with IPv4 only in the Windows binaries, as some users were reporting frequent desyncs when using Windows XP in 10.4.
Simutrans-Experimental 10.8 (together with Pak128.Britain-Ex 0.8.3) can be played online. See here
for details of the server.
This is a bug fix release, with some small feature changes to assist in balancing games, especially online games; the feature changes are based on testing from the online game, information above. A full list of changes follows.Changes since 10.7
Feedback and testing
- CHANGE: simuconf.tab network settings
- REVERT: The public player can now remove other players' ways again
- CODE: Some code changes to attempt to deal with issues relating to failing to record average speed for a line, but problem could not be reproduced.
- CHANGE: Updated Italian and Japanese translations (thanks to Giuseppe for the Italian).
- FIX: Crash when stuck vehicles were sent to depots but no depots could be found.
- CHANGE: More conservative frames ahead/behind settings for network games.
- CHANGE: Discarded passengers/goods now register a waiting time of 4x their actual wait rather than 1.5x to discourage the use of overcrowded routes more forcefully.
- FIX: Errors on loading stops in some cases (Dwachs)
- FIX: Can load some games saved in 10.3 without crashing.
- FIX: Incorrect name for "toll_*_percentage" in simuconf.tab and also in the settings window
- FIX: "Show names" in the settings window had an incorrect value range.
- CHANGE: Way tolls are reflected in a convoy's reported profits.
- CHANGE: Bridges without a restricted length cannot be built over deep water.
- FIX: Credit limits were not correctly applied to raising/lowering land.
- CHANGE: Prevent terraforming in deep water.
- CODE: Attemps to get the announce server working. (Seems to work)
- FIX: Crashes on loading some older paksets and saved games.
Thanks also to all those who have tested Simutrans-Experimental and provided useful feedback: it is very much appreciated. Any feedback from this version would, as ever, also be very much appreciated, including (1) the new features from 10.4 (access, revenue sharing, player colour saving/transmission); (2) online play (see here
for a list of Simutrans-Experimental servers); (3) general bug reports; (4) information as to how well-balanced that the game is; (5) any difference in approach/strategy needed for Simutrans-Experimental as over Simutrans-Standard; and (6) any other useful feedback.
Thanks again to all those who have worked to test Simutrans-Experimental, and happy playing!Note
This topic is locked, as it is intended to serve as an announcement. To report a bug or otherwise give feedback, please start a new thread for each
bug/topic. To ask a question about how to obtain Simutrans-Experimental, use this