News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

[10.11] Bug with routing on foot

Started by HeinBloed, April 02, 2012, 04:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeinBloed

I found a little bug with the routing on foot, or maybe it's a feature  ;) : if a stop which used to be in walking range (catchment area) of another stop, and which had created a routing link, is redesigned so the new distance between the two stops exceeds the walking range, the routing link is still kept up. I made a screenshot to demonstrate this:

Windborough Printworks Railway Station used to be in walking range of Ronmere Southminster Stop. Then I removed several train platforms, but the passengers still kept going that route, which is reflected by the "direct routes" entry (I'm playing with the most recent Windows complete package, so the maximum distance for a foot link should read 0.75km (?)). I said that this could be considered a feature because when one designs very wide stops, the effect from that is a little similar. I can also imagine that detecting such a change is non-trivial. But intuitively I would say that the link should break down when the distance exceeds the catchment area, so you can effectively do something about undesired foot routing easily.

As a workaround, I deleted Southminster Stop and immediately rebuilt it - the foot link was gone then and didn't reappear.

Edit: I forgot to point out that the actual distance and travel time do get updated though, so at least it doesn't allow completely ridiculous game exploits
(previously known as "tttron")

Carl

I can verify that this occurred in earlier versions too. (I never got around to reporting it). Foot connections do not appear to be regularly rechecked.

jamespetts

I think that I have fixed this on -devel: would anyone mind re-testing?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

ӔO

I think this may be related, but when deleting stops that are connected to other stops by foot, game may crash occasionally. Even if stop is not being used or does not share the same goods type.

This is with the server game. I find that it occasionally crashes and reverts back to an older save and much work gets lost. Mostly happens when renaming stops in use or deleting stops that are connected by foot to other stops.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

jamespetts

AEO,

ahh, thank you for the report: this has been fixed, however, on the -devel branch.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.