News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

How to add way toll to an existing save game

Started by tuxianer1988, May 29, 2012, 08:57:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tuxianer1988

Hi guys,

I just wanted to restart a network game I created together with a friend of mine. Of course the underlying version of simutrans should be the latest stable (111.2.2). The game was originally played based on a version where way toll was not implemented ! ( I am not sure about the version number).

I now added the simuconf.tab on the server and changed the lines with way toll both to 10 (I assume it is 10% as it is written in the text above). Restarting the server and entering the game now still shows me 0 way tolls charged. Since I am running on public streets and street of my friend I definetly have to pay way toll!

Did I do something wrong? What do I need to change or adjust?!

Best Regards and thanks for the help

Fifty

Since simuconf is saved with new games, changing its settings will not affect existing games. To do this, you need to open the settings dialog inside the savegame.

Just open menuconf.tab, located in pakxyz/config, change
#dialog_tool[27]=
to some unused keyboard shortcut, for example "~" and remove the #
dialog_tool[27]=,~

Then open the game, press ~ (or whatever button you chose), switch to the "economy and cities" tab, and modify the waytoll lines: toll_runningcost_percentage and toll_waycost_percentage. Then save.

Personal suggestion is to use only the running cost percentage, and not way cost percentage, for tolls. Otherwise, canals and other high-cost ways tend to lose lots of money!

P.S. -- It'd be really nice to have this secret menu available from public player's tools. Hint hint devels  ;)
Why do we park on the driveway and drive on the parkway?

Ters

Isn't this the most user unfriendly dialog in Simutrans? Then that's probably why it's hidden. Players shouldn't go wandering into it by chance and get lost. The fact that Fifty had to warn about not changing toll_waycost_percentage says that this dialog is dangerous territory.