News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

r5775 - Some trains ignore choose signals

Started by HDomos, June 17, 2012, 11:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HDomos

I encountered this problem in the last few nightlies (4-5 i think, but very rarely), but now my game produces this bug continously... I have a station with a choose signal and various train routes serving it, and sometimes a train go for a platform what is already used, thus creating a horrible deadlock...
Here is my savegame: http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/BugChooseSignal.sve
And my pak(pak128 with a huge number of addons): https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1T_qBCnXlPdRmFVWmdUR0I5Smc
The bug happened to me at ^°^Karcag(155;121) and ^°^Kazincbarcika(605;55) at the leftmost entrance from nord(600;54).
At Karcag, the trains cause deadlocks, and at Kazincbarcika, the train waits in front of the choose signal, while the other train waits at the platform instead of choosing another platform...

kierongreen

I've not encountered this in my saved games - are you using end of choose signals after your stations? If not and you send trains around the map it is veery easy to get deadlocks with choose signals.

Ters

Does this only happen shortly after loading a game, or at any time?

Train-catcher

I didn't looked at the savegames, but I also met with such problem earlier. But in my maps this problem was occuring when train passing through the station surrounded by choose and and-of-choose signals, when this station in the train's shedule and train's length is more than station length.
Could someone take into account this fact and reproduce this feature?

prissi

If a train is too long for any platform, a warning is produced and the trains does not choose at all but goes to the platform in the schedule.

Train-catcher

Quote from: prissi on June 18, 2012, 10:32:50 PM
If a train is too long for any platform, a warning is produced and the trains does not choose at all but goes to the platform in the schedule.
And a deadlockmay be occured if this platform will be occupied.
But it seems, that it is a feature, not a bug. I just didn't saw these warnings)

HDomos

Bah... my trains were longer than the platform... and no end of choose signals too...
So problem solved... End of choose signals everywhere :D

whoami

Even under those adverse conditions, the trains should not try to enter an occupied station track. But this problem is often caused by jumping trains (due to changed track layout, changed schedule or a waypoint) and need not be a (new) program error. Recently (uhm, a few months ago?), there were some changes to avoid that problem especially on loading a savegame, and according to my observations, they have vastly reduced (if not eliminated) the deadlocks at choose signals (unless an improper signal setup is used by the player).