News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

(to-be-removed) Wackdone's project

Started by wackdone, July 06, 2012, 12:07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wackdone

This topic is not about bug report.
I'll remove this topic after creating specific topics unser "Patches & Projects".

==

I appreciate the Community, recepting me. Thank you!

Please excuse a little bit more self introduction around my private work for Simutrans.
(and also excuse me for my poor and broken English.)

I'm developing some extensions for current (in main trunk) Simutrans among Japanese Domestic community.

(1) TTT - tiny time table
  It makes convoys to try keeping constant trip time and departure time.
  The algorithm is a sort of best-effort model:
    User can configure split-time between halt and halt.
    Convoys measure time between last departure to next arrival.
    at arriving next halt:
      If the measured trip time is less than configured split-time: Convoy will wait until the better time has come.
      If it's greater than the configured split-time: Convoy starts ASAP (after loading) with recording delayed time.
    Delayed time may cleared by margin of split-time following while it's not a impossible plan.
  I've confirmed that the basic algorithm works fine (see my video in youtube)
  Current theme is to implement new user-interface, cool and useful.

The real trip time is also recorded in backup fahrplan of convoi.
  These records may be used as cost(weight) value in route calculation of goods/passengers. (suche_route())

(2) RRC: Selective loading at halt: makes classified service.
  Passengers/goods prefer express convoys. It's using weight(cost) value in connection list of each halt.
  Basic concept was proposed in the Japanese community, almost 2 years ago.
  I'm now extending the algorithm to season salts for some circumstances of service availability,
  such as adoptive logic for "less Express Train, much Local Trains" balanced service...

(3) CWG: cycled timing signal (gate) for railway (like trafficlight for road)
  Simple ding, it has open-time, close-time, time-offset (in "mod zelt_ms").

I'll propose these extensions for the International Simutrans Community, after some testing and evaluations in Japanese community.
If you have some interests in one of these extension, I can send the latest patch for Nightly source.
Or, you can get patches from Japanese Simutrans Forum (but, at there, all information is in Japanese only, sorry)

I'll make topics in right category in this Forum when the proper time has come.
Please advisse me which Category/Board is better to write this topic.

Thank you for reading (though my bad English).

Ters

Markohs

I'd say "Larger projects" boards, plus access to programmer's corner for the case you might be interested in reading techincal discussions about simutrans code.

btw, welcome to the community, and thank you for your submissions and work.

Dwachs

I splitted the original bug report off and moved it to the 'incorporated' board.

@wackdone: we would be happy to see more information about your project and its progress (links to other sites, patches etc). You should also be able to modify the title of the topic.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

wackdone

Thanks for splitting, Dwachs.

I'll create topics under "Patches & Projects", one-by-one, step-by-step.
(since I cannot write so many documents in English at one time)

First one is for Selective Loading (I call it RRC), number (2) in above list.

Markohs game me advice "Larger projects" is better.
but I'm wandering where is the threshold between "Patches&Projects" toplevel and "Larger projects".
At first, I'll create in toplevel.
If you (the Community) think it's enough larger to be in "Larger projects", please suggest it.

Thank you.

Fabio

'Larger' projects are projects which are likely to be integrated in mid-long term and undergo a slow but steady development, in order for them not to be lost among smaller patches. It's fine "Patches&Projects" for now, we'll see in time if it gets integrated faster or needs overhauling.

greenling

Wackdome all your idea are good!
I test do test your Simutrans.exe with the patch what you devlop have.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!