News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Confused: Tool Icons

Started by Spartanis, July 07, 2012, 03:55:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spartanis

I created a new set of SLOPE tools icons and I pak'ed it ok into menu.SlopeTools.pak

I copied the file to the relevant pak directory, but it didnt show up in the game (still using the original slope tools icon).

I noticed that there is a series of menu.*.pak files but im at lost to what they represent, and what they hold. Makeobj "list" shows what the file contains, but it state error and nothing is listed.

Tiki Wiki doesnt seem to help/explain much at all. Unless there is a page there, but not listed/linked to the relevant page in order to find it.

Can someone kindly explain to me how to incorperate my new menu.SlopeTools.pak into the game?

greenling

Spartanis what want you exchange in the slopemenu?
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Spartanis

From the original slope tool images to my created slope tool images

The above image i have created, paked into menu.SlopeTools.pak

Note: This pakset will be relevant to --> Kierongreen's r5773 Double Heights patch

Vonjo

Try to change the file name to z.menu.SlopeTools.pak

Spartanis

Quote from: Vonjo on July 07, 2012, 07:15:06 AM
Try to change the file name to z.menu.SlopeTools.pak

Did that, no effect. Was I suppose to edit something in Menuconf file? .... Particularly the SLOPES section of the file?

greenling

@Vonjo
your tip it not usefull Simutrans will be strikes then it find duplicate Pakfilesparts.
@Spartanis
I have look on your new buttens and it possible to build in the Buttens.
But that need time then the menustruktur and the menuconf.tab are the heavy problems.
And we must be take with the combiantion of Kierongreen's r5773 Double Heights patch.
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)

Dwachs

menu.SlopeTools does not have any special meaning (like it used to have before some 99.x versions).

You have add references to these icons to GeneralTools. The image number in GeneralTools do not have a special meaning, even if the wiki states otherwise. The image numbers are referenced in menuconf.tab.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

greenling

Dwachs
the position of Menubuttons and Icons can you over the Datfiles and the menuconf.tab configgurate.

kierongreen

You will need to edit dat file for menus (in pak128.Britain this is gui64/new_menus.dat - numbers may be different in other paks but hopefully you will get the idea):
Obj=menu
name=BarTools
copyright=none
# slope tool icons
Image[10]=> menu_buttons.0.9
Image[11]=> menu_buttons.0.10
Image[12]=> menu_buttons.0.11
Image[13]=> menu_buttons.0.12
Image[14]=> menu_buttons.1.11
Image[15]=> menu_buttons.1.10

then add:
Image[27]=> menu_buttons.0.9
Image[28]=> menu_buttons.0.10
Image[29]=> menu_buttons.0.11
Image[30]=> menu_buttons.0.12

(changing the menu_buttons.y.x for your new images of course)

the Image[number] here is then referenced in menuconf.tab - notice 10, 11, 12, 13 below:

toolbar[1][2]=general_tool[4],10,,36 #southslope
toolbar[1][3]=general_tool[4],11,,4 #northslope
toolbar[1][4]=general_tool[4],12,,12 #westslope
toolbar[1][5]=general_tool[4],13,,28 #eastslope

So for the double slope icons you will have to change these to 27, 28, 29 and 30

Spartanis

kierongreen...

yer a bluddy legend!!! The way you explained.. makes frikkn sense!!!..

Can i kiss yer toes? :P