News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

pak.ironhorse

Started by Spartanis, July 07, 2012, 10:17:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwachs

The toolbars need titles:

toolbar[5][7]=toolbar[29],37,,The title goes here

Thats what all these AIRTOOLS, WATERTOOLS, FIRETOOLS etc are about ;)

EDit: With r5836 you should not get any fatal errors. You still have to watch simu.log, too.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Spartanis

Thanks Dwach, NOW i understand the point of those AIRTOOLS, WATERTOOLS, FIRETOOLS etc is about.

Creating a new dialog (in this case, toolbars) do need a TITLE in the titlebar :)

Spartanis

Right.. I got something to annoy the bajesus outta yas.. I redone my icons to 32x32 (for design reasons)... and i got CONFUDDLED with which goes with where.. so I rewrote the ICON numbers in menuconfig.

Since i like to group everything, I bypassed Gen, Simp and Dialog tools with just making ONE line each (image[0]=notused.0.0), thus making every icons needed, and be grouped, in the BARTOOLS

eg:
#-----------------------
# ROAD SET Icons
#-----------------------
Image[129]=> Roadset.0.0
Image[130]=> Roadset.0.1
Image[131]=> Roadset.0.2
Image[132]=> Roadset.0.3
Image[133]=> Roadset.0.4
Image[134]=> Roadset.0.5
Image[135]=> Roadset.0.6
#-----------------------
# TRAIN SET Icons
#-----------------------
Image[136]=> Trainset.0.0
Image[137]=> Trainset.0.1
Image[138]=> Trainset.0.2
Image[139]=> Trainset.0.3
Image[140]=> Trainset.0.4
Image[141]=> Trainset.0.5
Image[142]=> Trainset.0.6
#-----------------------
# TRAM SET Icons
#-----------------------
Image[143]=> Tramset.0.0
Image[144]=> Tramset.0.1
Image[145]=> Tramset.0.2
Image[146]=> Tramset.0.3
Image[147]=> Tramset.0.4
etc etc...

I checked, and double checked both dat and menuconfig and eventhe row/col cehck for each images.. and guess wot?

Fatal_error: alles_geladen()
12skin_besch_t-object Bartools not found
*** Please install proper.. yadda yadda yadda blah.....

I check which is the problem by copying pak64 files into my pakironhorse folder..... run fine

then i copy my new bartools pak file, and bingo.. problem exists..

It seems my DAT file and Images association is the problem...

brb.....

* Embarrassed*

ok.. a couple of image filenames do not match in the dat file...

*super embarrassed*

Spartanis

Note: Not all icons are done (text icon) and not all icons are shown (dependecies on available way,building etc etc paks)

But it is getting there :) I DO love the job i did on SLOPE tools icon.. which i forgot to include in the screenshot.. *sigh* But its something i have to create myself using GIMP :)

Think i'll take a long break from this.. it does do my head in. But it gets easier if one be persistent.. (thanks to Alex Brose for his support.. without him.. i probably just gave up ages ago lol....).  This way, by the time i come back to this, i would have a few set of icons ready to create.

In all.. it has been a frustrating, liberating, rewarding job i ever done.. and its not even done! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: Because its such a big job that i have done with MenuConfig and Icons.. Im willing to share these with the pakset maintainers for their paksets.. should they wish to have it....

greenling

Spartanis
Can you post a biger Photo from the Menüs?
Thati can view all menüs.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Spartanis

Quote from: greenling on July 29, 2012, 09:12:45 AM
Spartanis
Can you post a biger Photo from the Menüs?
Thati can view all menüs.

What.. ALL of the icons in One shot?! its not feasable!! lol

I'll post a shot of some of them.. will that do?

Spartanis

Dwachs

I likelove your icons!

Could you resolve the fatal error you posted above? It simply says that these BarTools are missing.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

jamespetts

I second Dwachs' comment on the icons!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

VS

I will just join the chorus :D

I assume they're not vectors?

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Spartanis

Quote from: Dwachs on July 29, 2012, 02:43:08 PM
I likelove your icons!

Could you resolve the fatal error you posted above? It simply says that these BarTools are missing.

Yes I did resolve it. Its just a couple of filename spelling errors. Its fixed and worked beautifully.

As I was saying to A.Browse, I'm not quite happy with it all in general, it looks it doesn't match up in style, but I'm keeping me slope edit icons. I dearly love those (I hand created those in gimp, so me proud, *thumps chest*)

Spartanis

Quote from: VS on July 29, 2012, 07:43:28 PM
I will just join the chorus :D

I assume they're not vectors?
No. Icon background was an image file borrowed from fruity loops studio software, I just modified it to suit in gimp

Icons are found at web places such as icons.com and such

As for edit slope, drawn from scratch using gimp.

Spartanis

If you like, you can USE these icons for your own paksets... I dont mind.. Just hope they are "generic" enough.. and understandable enough for everyone

Just ask me, and i'll email them to you :)

prissi

Well, if you used icon "from icons.com and other places" then there is a non-zero chance of some of them being actually copyrighted. Under what license did you took them? Otherwise these could not be used but for personal addons.

Spartanis

Quote from: prissi on July 30, 2012, 01:19:41 PM
Well, if you used icon "from icons.com and other places" then there is a non-zero chance of some of them being actually copyrighted. Under what license did you took them? Otherwise these could not be used but for personal addons.

I DO see your point. These icons came from icons website that are free to download.. I supposed they are under that lic.. i forgot what it was.. ya know.. "free to use, but not to make money out of"

Besides, I rather create my own if and when i can tho......

Spartanis

Regarding to the issues of Copyright Licenses, I decided to draw something from scratch. But I am not sure if this is worth the go...

This example i made tonight (only one) that SUITS the theme of "Ironhorse".. being that is,... wood/iron .. of the golden railway age....

I can see this would never be suited for Simutrans general ICON pak tho..

Fabio

It looks very nice!  And the color choice would make it good for Pak 128 Britain, too ;)

Spartanis

Quote from: Fabio on August 02, 2012, 12:43:03 PM
It looks very nice!  And the color choice would make it good for Pak 128 Britain, too ;)

It does? I wonder if James think the same.. if he does.. Then I shall create these style icons for my Pak, and for his....

The reason I need to redo my icons, is that I WANT to share and distribute my pak.ironhorse, without any copyright issues....

Spartanis

As I was waiting for certian simutrans patch release.. I went ahead to tackle the problem of Roads.

I know there is a group of coders working out a SINGLE TILE roads that not only two-ways, but also dual ways (that is.. original tile would be both directional, while additional tile would have both lanes going the same direction). Which is a marvel in itself, but i feel they are not to "scale" with the railway side. So I decided to create (tested and proven by myself months ago) a single tile ONE lane only road.

The first steps of creating is simple enough. Considereing that the NS and EW tiles are dual use when it comes to rotating (that is, the NS tile when viewing North, is the same tile used when viewing South), i had to make sure the these two tiles are rotatable, that is, Mirrored.

This leads to a problem of having line marked roads. Where you would have a solid line on the outside, and dashed lines in the middle, in the tile sense, one side would be SOLID, the other side would be dashed. This looks great in theory, but in practise, the NS and EW tiles, when rotated 180 degrees, is incorrect.

So, for now, i create two solid lines on the outside, when placed side by side, it appears to have a double lined in the center. Creating corners, and other types of tiles yeilds no problem but however, when it comes to diagonal....they appear too narrow compared to the rest. As if the road is tilted on an angle, rather that flat along the surface. The solution, of course, is to shift the Solid Line markings outwards a bit.

THis creates a new problem, the "gap" between tiles, making it look zig-zaggy rather that a continuous line.

I have come up with a solution, OVERLAPPING. Since we cannot extend graphically towards the south and east facing (as they are tile-cutted off), We can extend north and west. This acheive the OVERLAPPING result.

Through trial and error, I managed to get one set of Diagonal road looking rather nice and perfect

Example: Pak128.Britain City Road Tiles

Example: pak64. IronHorse city Roads.

So far so good. The idea of Overlapping makes it easier to create possible roads directions, but there is still much work to do, as well as figuring it out. (as you can see from the image above). Here is the example images used (with tiles that shows Overlapping)

(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(etc..)

and so on and so on.

If you feel there is a much better solution or have ideas on creating a perfect OVERLAPPING tiles that can be used as one road set pakfile, that actually works when creating roads in any directions. Feel Free to make a suggestion, for im stuck at NW diagonal tiles to ends with two possiblities (eg: ends facing West, Ends facing North), despite the fact that one facing works fine (in the case of the image above, North Facing, but the West Facing is not.

The problem is that making a seamless tile-able  road without graphical errors. I COULD create "hook" solid line on the other end of this tile (5) (north end). I Could create a surface overlap in tile (7) but.. im not sure that would solve the problem...