News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Ships on waterways

Started by MCollett, July 09, 2012, 11:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MCollett

My understanding of waterway restrictions was that:

• small river boats must use waterways, not open water, while
  • large sea-going ships may not use small waterways (i.e. rivers, small rivers, canals).
This should leave a wide river, classed as a waterway but not a small waterway, accessible to all ship types.
But my steamships seem unable to find a route up a wide river.

I'm not sure if this is a misunderstanding on my part, an error in the pak or a bug in the program.

Sample game attached: (1) PS Comet can't find a route from Burnley Cemet(a)ry (open water) to Cheltenham Princes St (wide river).  Pak128.Britain-Ex-0.8.4, -devel commit bc11bdc (7/7/2012), compiled on Mac OS X 10.6.8.

jamespetts

Can you upload a saved game in which you are having this difficulty so that I can test it?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

MCollett

Quote from: jamespetts on July 10, 2012, 09:45:17 AM
Can you upload a saved game in which you are having this difficulty so that I can test it?

Er, no.  The game in which the problem arose was far too large to upload, so I made a smaller test case, which apparently reproduced the problem, but was still too large to upload.  When I went to smaller maps still, the problem did not occur, and then when I reopened the large game that had had the problem originally, it had fixed itself.  Perhaps it was a generic route finding problem rather than a specific waterway one.  Apologies for what seems to be a false alarm (though I shall watch out for future occurences).

Best wishes,
Matthew

killwater

I had the same problem. No savegame though because I thought I don't know how to use ships. When it occur again I will upload the savegame. I was playing RC.