News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Wrong text for button in depot

Started by Ters, September 17, 2012, 06:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ters

The text for the sell button in the vehicle details window was changed some time ago. It used to be "Sell", now it's "Remove now!" However, the text has also changed for the lower sell button in the depot. I think that button should use the same text as the upper sell button and have attached a patch that does that. However, I'm not sure how this affects translations besides English.

prissi

Since the logic rather requires a verb there, I removed "Verkauf" which did not match all the other translations.

Ters

So now both buttons show the wrong text?

prissi

Aparently "wrong" depends on language. I changed remove now to Sell too.

Ters

The button in the vehicle dialog should read "Remove now!". That was agreed upon in a discussion a while back. Someone didn't realize the immidiate effect of that button, so it was made clearer.

prissi

OK, so I am now confused. Do you mean the sell button in the depot should show the same text as the remove button in the convoi dialogue? BEcause there "Remove now" is completely out of place.

Ters

No, the depot should show "Sell" (Verkauf) on both buttons, while the vehicle/convoy details dialog should show "Remove now!" (verkaufen). The revision log shows that you changed a button in the depot from "Sell" (Verkauf) to display "Remove now!" (verkaufen). I haven't checked whether you also changed the translation of verkaufen from "Remove now!" to "Sell", or if that has been changed since I last downloaded en.tab, but that would make the vehicle details dialog wrong.

It is possible that the best solution would be for the depot dialog to use verkaufen as long as its translation is "Sell", but then the vehicle details dialog must be changed from verkaufen to something else that translates as "Remove now!".

prissi

That was the situtaion as is has been before. The convoi dialogue showed "Verkauf" which was translated into "Remove now!" while the depots was showing "verkaufen" which was sell mode. Your patch made the depot show "Remove now!"

Ok, back to original text then.

EDIT: Anyway, the text in the Depot and the dialogue were a mess of capitals and no capitals. The Verkauf button had only an appropriate english translation. Now I added useful French, German, and japanese. Other languages I cannot cadd though ...

Ters

Quote from: prissi on September 18, 2012, 08:22:21 PM
Your patch made the depot show "Remove now!"

That is strange, because I tested it before posting it and my depot dialog showed "Sell" on both buttons. Your last change seems to do what I was trying to do, except that the use of Verkauf and verkaufen has been swapped. That will cause some confusion for those where executable and translations are out of sync, but might be the right choice in the long run.