News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Filters for station coverage

Started by paichtis, September 17, 2012, 10:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paichtis

Hello,
I often use the station coverage tool to see what I cover with my Pax network. However, it is very difficult when my station overlap with someone's else or when I have freight stations around.

So here's the proposal :
Allow to filter station coverage by player and cargo type (passengers, mail or goods)
Additional goodie : this will allow to see very quickly where mail has been forgotten !

Thanks for this great game ! :)

Carl

If you haven't already, you should try turning off the "transparent station coverage" option in the display menu. This makes it much easier to gauge coverage in busy areas with lots of overlap.

Spacethingy

I'd like to second the player filtering bit. Sometimes in multiplayer it's very difficult to see whose stops cover what when there's lots of players in one city.
Life is like a Simutrans transformer:

You only get one of them, and you can't have it on a slope.

wlindley

Perhaps the ability to show on the map, in "zero to maximum density" the number of stations that cover each tile.  The color difference between 0:1 stations and between 1:2 should be shown in maximum contrast, with 2:3 and higher having successively less contrast...?

paichtis

Quote from: carlbaker on September 17, 2012, 12:38:43 PM
If you haven't already, you should try turning off the "transparent station coverage" option in the display menu. This makes it much easier to gauge coverage in busy areas with lots of overlap.

I did try once but it confused me more than anything. I guess I could try again :)

prissi

There you will see many boxes. However, for starting the journey the topmost left one will take them all.

ӔO

Quote from: wlindley on September 17, 2012, 04:37:57 PM
Perhaps the ability to show on the map, in "zero to maximum density" the number of stations that cover each tile.  The color difference between 0:1 stations and between 1:2 should be shown in maximum contrast, with 2:3 and higher having successively less contrast...?

or maybe have a darker coloured border line at the edges?
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

kierongreen

Have thought a few times before about a heavier line around the edge of coverage. It would be possible but would need a fair bit of recoding. Might get around to it some day...

ӔO

another thought I had was to rotate or cycle the shown colours when overlapped, instead of having them blend into each other. Although, this alone wouldn't solve differing coverage from the same player.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

Vladki

I'd like to see filtering the station coverage by players, too. And for checking the coverage of city it would be nice to have also an option to highlight tiles that are NOT covered by stations/stops. This would make it easier to spot forgotten areas in city with lots of bus stops.