News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

112.0 r6000M pak128 2.1.0 – editing/removing river crossings

Started by ML, November 28, 2012, 02:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ML

win, no addons
Whenever removing a river crossing by remove tool, the game erases the river first instead of the crossing (left on the 1st image attached). This happens to all the crossings I tried (roads, railways, tram tracks).
---
Secondly, a game crash I experienced only while working with tram crossing: When editing a tram track, as soon as new tram tracks are laid down over an already existing tram crossing, the crossing disappears (in the middle of the 1st image). Clicking on it with the loop tool causes the game to crash. Very often the game crashes when a tram is crossing the river (2nd image).

Since one can simulate this in every single game I am not posting a save game, just the images. Anyways there are some further thoughts in my head: 

What I was building a crossing by laying down 110km/h tram track, while testing the crash I tried to replace it with 70km/h track and as you can see on the screenshots the actual tile where the crossing used to be really got replaced to 70km/h.

Be there some other details I shall provide (error messages..), let me know!

prissi

The building of trams track on river crossings should not be allowed by the game engine, as it does not assume for more than two ways on a tile.

That the river is removed first is just the expression of removing one waytype earlier than the other. THat can be changed to always remove the roads first.

Dwachs

The second bug should be fixed in r6103. Thanks for reporting.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

prissi

And now (r6106)  water will be always deleted last on a crossing.

whoami

How about forbidding to delete a river at all? Upgrading to a canal would be OK, but then a separate flag would be needed to prevent deletion in the future.

Is this the order of deletion now?: power line, road sign/railroad signal, railroad electrification, railroad, road, water (runway?). I, personally, would like road deletion to be put before any railroad stuff, but after road signs, of course.

prissi

If you want to delete road stuff only use the road deletion tool ...

The order is:
label
citycars
pedestrians
powerlines
signs/signals
halts
wayobj
bridges
tunnels
fields
depots
budildings
crossings
all remaining stuff (trees etc.)
ways

Ters

I don't think I use the generic removal tool unless it's the only choice I have, typically when I want to remove stops, signs/signals or sheep.

Fabio

Honestly city cars should have their own removal tool (including wildlife and pedestrian).
At this point, the generic removal tool should ignore all vehicles, all ways, and way objects.
It should remove exclusively buildings (player and city), stations, signs, trees, and markers.
It would be convenient to move it in special construction tool bar.
This would prevent many accidents in which you remove something by mistake.

whoami

Having a single deletion tool for everything helps the beginner and casual user as well as the senior user (like me) with a years-old habit. Do the other tools have shortcut keys? (If yes now or in the future, then I might start to use them more often.) I think there are even paksets that do not have the dedicated removal tools in their menues, lacking the intense maintenance that e.g. Pak64 and Pak128 get.

greenling

Hello
I use often the function of the Button R, the Special remove bottons in the Buildmenu use i not often.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Ters

I've never gotten into the shortcut keys (beyond B, Ctrl+U, +, -), which might explain why I just as easily use the other tools. Some things are also only possible with the other tools.