News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Public Trolleybus Electrification can't be deleted

Started by Kevin Ar18, August 08, 2012, 06:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin Ar18

I'm playing on a multiplayer server, and someone electrified a lot of public roads with "Trolleybus Electrification" -- then made the electrification public/no owner.

Normally, it's good when someone builds stuff and makes it public; however, I don't think he realized the problems (I didn't know about them before either).

1. All the roads are now limited to 100km/h -- many of them are 200km or 130km roads.
2. The electrification cannot be deleted by anyone, even though they are public -- this means public roads are no longer editable for players.

Notes:
I tested in single player, and the "public service" was able to delete electrification, but nobody has access to that.

Any solutions at this point?  Or can someone file this as a bug report and just wait for a new version?

prissi

Since trolley busses are not part of many pak there might be very well problem connected with it. Definitely an issue one should look into.

Kevin Ar18

Quote from: prissi on August 08, 2012, 07:38:02 PM
Since trolley busses are not part of many pak there might be very well problem connected with it. Definitely an issue one should look into.
Thanks... as a follow up...
Is there a way to file a bug report for pak128 or something? ...or should I post in the forum?  I don't know how bugs are submitted or tracked for pak128 ... but if there is some way to "officially" file it to be looked at, that would be great.

Ters

There is a subforum here called pak128 bug reports. That sounds like a possible place to put bug reports for pak128. (I've only reported bugs for pak64 in the corresponding subforum for that.)

Kevin Ar18

1. Put "Trolleybus Electrification" on a road.
2. Make it public or go bankrupt.
3. Try to delete road or electrification.

You can't, even if it is public (only public service can).  For multiplayer, this creates problems since nobody has access to public service account and electrification turns fast roads into slow ones.

Dwachs

If player goes bankrupt, the overhead wire should be removed.

How can one make it public?
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Ters

Quote from: Dwachs on August 09, 2012, 07:02:04 PM
How can one make it public?

I would have guessed with the tools for transferring ownership to public player (its not just for stops like it seems).

But is this really a bug with pak128? And isn't this a doublepost of http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=10329.0 ?

Dwachs

Quote from: Ters on August 09, 2012, 09:04:50 PM
I would have guessed with the tools for transferring ownership to public player (its not just for stops like it seems).
Ownership is transfered to public player if the road belonged to the player beforehand.
But is this really a bug with pak128? And isn't this a doublepost of http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=10329.0 ?
This is a bug/feature of the code...

Topics merged.

A solution would be to allow for removal of publicly-owned overhead-wires on public ways. Any thoughts?

Ters

Since everyone can remove public roads, it would make sense that everyone can remove other integral parts of the roads, like signs and overhead wires. Signs should always be removable on public roads, but if the overhead wires can belong to someone else than the road, they should be unremovable in that case.

Dwachs

Removing of public owned way-objects is now allowed with r5983.

I do not know, whether it should be possible to allow roadsigns, too. These could be used to establish public motorways.