News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Panem map help? (Hunger Games)

Started by 13jlin, August 09, 2012, 04:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

13jlin

For those of you who don't know what Panem is, it is the "civilization" that is depicted in the Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I am working on a simutrans map which would depict the 12 districts and the Capitol, as well as the 'destroyed ' district 13. Each district is subjugated by the Capitol, and each has a focus.

District 12, for example, produced coal for the capitol.

I just have a few problems with the economic planning bit.

1) District 1 produces luxury goods for the capitol, and District 2 produces masonry and weapons. These are goods that I have no idea how to replicate or replace using the current items in the pakset. Granted, I am thinking of replacing District 2 with steel.

2) The products produced by some of the districts require intermediates, or sister industries. I'm thinking of putting the intermediates in the same district, and the sister industries in the districts where they would fit best, and the Final consumers in the capitol.

3) The tributes/ Hunger Games. I'm thinking of artifically creating a tourist attraction with serious appeal, esp. as the books say that the arenas for the games become tourist traps for the capitol. but then I would also have to create special "tribute trains" that leave each district occasionally to go to the capitol.

3) In the 2nd book, Catching Fire, the victors go on tour. I assume this means there is a direct connection b/t the districts which may be rarely used. for my purposes, I'm also thinking of using it to connect related industries, or I could have a central marshaling yard at the capitol.

any ideas? 

JL

PS. I have no idea where a "fanmade" map falls on in terms of "acceptable use" of the game or forums.

Ters

To make this properly, it would seem to me that you need to make a Hunger Games pak set also. That would give you exactly the industries, goods, attractions, vehicles and buildings that fits the setting, but it would take more time and effort.

Apart from that, I have no idea about what your asking about.