News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Parameter: increase_maintenance_after_years=30

Started by Milko, August 09, 2012, 07:48:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milko

Hello

"increase_maintenance_after_years=30"
I have noticed that for some airplanes this parameter is set to 30 years, but does not appear for other airplanes. is that correct?
I, on the occasion of the arrangement of power / thrust, I thought to fix this parameter also, before you do that I wanted to understand how to behave.

Giuseppe

jamespetts

I cannot recall immediately the reason for specifying this parameter in some .dat files for aircraft. The default value for aircraft is 35, so the difference is in any case fairly small. After the next release of Experimental, I shall be concentrating on improving the simulation of maintenance costs, which may well include a mechanism or set of mechanisms that makes the current system of obsolescence redundant in any event. For the time being, you can use your discretion to change the increase_maintenance_after_years factor where a particular aircraft did not have a long life in service, became expensive to maintain after a short while, required modifications, etc.: it might be useful to do this with the original version of the Comet, for example.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.