News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

How to make money in Pak128?

Started by Jkb, December 20, 2008, 02:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jkb

Hi everybody,

I am relative new to the 128pak in Simutrans and would like to know what's best way to make money?
I started in the beginner mode, but after a couple of years I went bankrupt over and over again.

Can anyone give me some good hints please?

Thanks in advance,

Jkb

Beder

Hello,
welcome to pak 128 and to this forum

My personal advice to you is to build some coal or oil-chains and connect them with the Power plants.
Then you'll get money from the transport of the coal or of the oil.
Then you should connect the coal-mines with the powerplant. If the Powerplant has enough coal, it will produce electricity and your coal-mine will produce at least 2times more coal.

I don't know if you like to build trains or railways, but my there my advice is: don't build the best street or railway, because their maintenance is expensive. Check which one is the cheapest, because coal or oil don't give you a speed bonus.

If you like to use trucks you should build the street with the speedlimit of 65km per hour, because it doesn't cost much and the maintenance is also cheap. If you like to use trains, the cheapest track is the best one. But you should look, that you don't buy the fastest engine. A 200km/h train won't drive 200km/h on a 75km/h limited track. So: Buy a engine which is able to pull the train and is cheap, too.

I hope you understood what I tried to say :D

DirrrtyDirk

Yes, in the beginning use the cheapest of everything (tracks, roads, stations, etc.) you can find - and only the minimum number you need. Make sure your vehicles only start going when fully loaded (at least one way). For trains: don't make them too short, or too long. Too short cannot not carry enough goods to pay for the engine's running cost, while too long runs too slow, requires large (=expensive) stations and don't travel often enough for a regular income. Something about 4 tiles long should work initially.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Jkb

Thanks for your advice, I will give it a new try!!!  ;D