News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Next vehicles

Started by Václav, August 13, 2012, 07:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

Two classic intercity trains - Longena, Galactica

Longena (long)
Price: locomotive: 5 000 000; cars: 1 000 000
Running cost: locomotive: 15; cars: 1,5
Speed: 150
Intro year: 1975
Retire year: 2026
Capacity of passengers: 80
Capacity of post: 48
Variability of length of train: yes

Galactica (galaxy)
Price: locomotive: 7 500 000; cars: 2 000 000
Running cost: locomotive: 25; cars: 2,5
Speed: 250
Intro year: 2025
Capacity of passengers: 80
Capacity of post: 48

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Václav

Two double-deckers trains - Atlantica, Pacifica

Atlantica (Atlantic ocean)
Price: locomotive: 5 000 000; cars: 1 500 000
Running cost: locomotive: 15; cars: 1,5
Speed: 150
Intro year: 1980
Retire year: 2006
Capacity of passengers: 128

Pacifica (Pacific ocean)
Price: locomotive: 10 000 000; cars: 2 500 000
Running cost: locomotive: 30; cars: 3
Speed: 300
Intro year: 2005
Capacity of passengers: 128

New versions are only in attachments of this and previous message. Behind link tied to heading of each train are still old file sources.

Václav

Arctica (Arctic ocean)
Price: 15 000 000 per part
Running cost: 4,0 per part
Speed: 400
Capacity of passengers: 55 per front/rear part; 80 per middle part

Polarica (north/south pole)
Price: 15 000 000 per part
Running cost: 4,0 per part
Speed: 400
Capacity of post: 33 per front/rear part; 48 per middle part

In comparison to both metro trains (where the shortest train may have two cars and where passengers and post may be transported together), here shortest train has 6 or 5 cars - and passengers and post cannot be transported together.

These two trains are last in order of appearance in game - while they appear in the same time like Galactica and Pacifica. Originally they should have intro year 2010 - but I decided to use the same year like in case of Galactica and Pacifica.

I found that middle cars of Longena, Galactica and Arctica in some directions had not comic outer black line. It was added - and you can download (I hope) last version. And also, finally, some hours after announcement, you can download also Polarica.

In dat files of these two trains it is needed to delete spaces from end of some lines.

Václav

And some time passed and here are ships of family Gigantea.

Gigantea Liquida (giant, liquids)
Price: 20 000 000
Running cost: 16,0
Speed: 40
Intro year: 1950
Capacity: 800 (m3)

Gigantea Textila (giant, textiles)
Capacity: 800 (palettes)
Here I thought about creation of image version for each good (with each good would have own color) but I decided to create only one freight version.

Václav

... and rest of ships of family Gigantea.

Gigantea Zilia (giant, (rudná) žíla - (ore) vein in czech language)
Capacity: 800
Here I had thought about making of image versions for each good but I found that for this size of ship it would be very strange. So, for this it has only open and closed cargo space.

Gigantea Ocelia (giant, ocel - steel in czech language)
Capacity: 800

An_dz

I could not but noticed that most of your vehicles are too big for the pakset. All vehicles in the SVN are too big compared with the other vehicles, apart from Arboria set.

The same apply to your overhead electrification, it's too high.

Václav

But please notice that very high is also (original) electrification - if you think position of wire.

Height of trains (and trams) is only based on height of that electrification.

An_dz

Then electrification is wrong.

The vehicles are higher then 1 building level and look strange in the environment.

Václav

Difference in height of locomotives and electrification was a quite odd, mostly if in pak128 I played before, pillars and wires don't exceed height of tunnel, but ...

I can try to change vehicle's height - and then to re-set elevation of wires of overhead electrification. But don't wait it tomorrow. I would like to finish some other station extensions before.

An_dz

Sure, I just wanted you to know. I will upload your other vehicles to the repo with corrected alignment, lengths and prices too. Galactica is almost done, Longena and Polarica are extremely easy to correct too. Pacifica may take a few hours more.

Václav

Nothing against, but I don't understand your additional re-aligning, because they were aligned right (two pixels upon basic level - and to the center of tile in all directions) - already by me. And that there was very strange alignment in game - that trains are shifted out of tile, it is game problem.

Arboria was only one train that really needed to re-align. But it was caused by additional change of size and alignment from pak128.

About height of trains and trams:

I looked on height of tram pontica and also on height of real tram Škoda 15T, and height of car body of Škoda 15T is 360 cm. And 360 cm is a little more than one floor. So, I can try to make trams one pixel lower (because there is two pixels high boggie stripe and fourteen pixels is for rest of body car) - but this one pixel difference (against height of one floor), it may be what is needed for correction of overhead electrification too.

And height of trains (excepting double deckers) is the same. So, they still will be a bit higher than other ones, but ... it would be much better.

An_dz

My realignment made the vehicles look nicer when doing turns, and also better aligns with the other trains already in the pakset. Your vehicles sometimes got over or behind another vehicle.

Just to show my alignment tests:

Václav

And isn't it a bit useless work if all trams and trains will be reworked?

To height of (my) trains: I found that at least locomotive 96c_010 (The Elegant 160-80) is lower than it should be - because freight cars for wood are higher than this locomotive - and it should not be.

At least both (locomotive and car) should have the same height, but more probably locomotive should be a little higher, mostly if it is electric one.

This photo (but from wrong angle) shows it:

An_dz

Quote from: Václav on December 12, 2013, 10:23:27 PM
And isn't it a bit useless work if all trams and trains will be reworked?
No because then I just lower the opacity of the layer and place the front/back where it should saving my time.

Quote from: Václav on December 12, 2013, 10:23:27 PM
To height of (my) trains: I found that at least locomotive 96c_010 (The Elegant 160-80) is lower than it should be - because freight cars for wood are higher than this locomotive - and it should not be.

At least both (locomotive and car) should have the same height, but more probably locomotive should be a little higher, mostly if it is electric one.
Indeed, it's a little short. But the locomotive is beautiful anyway. pak96.comic don't try to go realistic, but focus on making it look nicer. Your trains are great, but their sizes and colors (some too dark) make them look alien compared with the rest of the pakset.

Václav

Quote from: An_dz on December 13, 2013, 12:20:07 AM
Indeed, it's a little short.
I did not compared other locomotives with height of those cars, but electricity receivers of The Elegant 160-80 would not touch trolleys if they would be erected (they don't seem to be erected), or cars and loaded cargo would touch trolleys (if they should be fully adjusted to height of locomotive).

pak96.comic don't try to go realistic
May it be - but some bases should be kept.

Your trains are great, but their sizes and colors (some too dark) make them look alien compared with the rest of the pakset.
Size - using of great lengths (0,75 and mostly 1) may be strange, but I used it for easing of alignment under bug of wrong alignemt when cars are incomprehensibly shifted out of tile. Heights will be decreased at least of one pixel, but not much - to avoid situation of The Elegant 160-80.

Colours - what a problem. You may suggest some colours. Because I have problem to find sufficient number of suitable (light) colours.

I found that I can decrease trams' height of two pixels. And still they would look good. I am not sure if such decreasing of height will be possible on trains, but in case of trams this decreasing will lead to new trolleys as side effect (mostly to avoid current comic situation that pillars cross stop shelter).

The first reshaped (and re-coloured) tram is going to be Solitera.

An_dz

Do your best, I trust your work.

Václav

... and here it is, new version of Solitera.

Dat is the same. There I did not do any change.

What was changed in graphics:

1. it is two pixels lower
2. it is a little more bright
3. windows were a little improved
4. two pixels stripe in bottom has player colour, instead original night lighting colour
5. all three versions together on one sheet

Of course, still it is greater than original two trams, but on other hand, those trams seem to be too small even in comparison with trains and it should not be

An_dz

Wow, it looks way nicer now. Amazing job. Updated in repo.

Václav

Thanks - but without new overhead electrification it is a bit useless update - even if two pixels of difference between electricity receiver of tram and trolley is not important, as I saw when I made a little test of tram.

An_dz

It looks good here, touching the wires, but I realigned it for the repo.

Václav

In which direction? Because I know about strange ingame alignment that causes that some vehicles are not fully in tile - but in sheet it is aligned right.

And by the way, I would like to ask you: What is situation with half-height conversion? Is planned? Because when new trolleys are in process, it would not be hard to make also half-height slope tiles, even if they would not be included into pak file.

An_dz

I don't remember now, but I think I aligned in all directions. I know about the in-game bug, I have reported it some time ago.

No planning for new landscape.

Václav

So, new landscape is not planned, now. I can guess that because nobody is available (and willing) to prepare new landscape.

But I will prepare electrifications for new landscape without regard of it. So they will be ready for future.

But now one minor question:

I would like to keep tram Urbanica in green, but I found I have not any good green colour - it means very light green, with little shade of yellow (instead white).

Could you find such colour for me?

An_dz

Urbanica is nice with actual color, the contrast between light and dark sides is good and not that dark.

For Pontica only the dark player colors could be lighter.

Use the same roof color you used in Solitera, it was a good color choice.

Václav