News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Reviving the Starter Guide [Work in progress]

Started by eipi, August 13, 2012, 09:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eipi

It has been three years since the Starter Guide has been updated for the last time, so I think it needs an upgrade. Over the past two weekends I've been working on a new version typeset in LaTeX. This is what I've got so far:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/53679800/Simutrans/StarterGuide/SimuStarterGuideDraft.pdf

Over the next few weeks I will try to add new chapters as well as some more screenshots.

Now I've got two questions:

• I am planning to release the source code with the pdf document. Can I license it under the Simutrans Artistic License, or should I rather stick to the GPL or a custom license?
  • What about the layout in general? I sticked to the default font for now since it is best to read, at least for me.

Feedback is always welcome. :)

Dwachs

If you are writing in Latex, you should know the answers to your question: first content, then format, fonts, and license :)

Nice that somebody works on this again.

It would be a good idea to synchronize your work with the wiki. Ie make content available in both formats.

Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

VS

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

vilvoh

As an old contributor in this project, as far as I remember, the guides were under the same license as Simutrans (AL) but if you want to reboot the project, you can change it. About the layout, I think the current one is quite clean and clear. If you need help, just ask. ;)

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...