News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Unlimited consumption of factories

Started by Václav, August 15, 2012, 02:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

I found one very serious bug in behaviour of factories.

I connected coal mine with power plant - and coal mine produces coal permanently - without regard of power plant has sufficient amount of coal to burn. And so train enlisted on line with coal for power plant goes on - and more and more coal is waiting on station - and more and more coal is waiting to burn in power plant.

And all other factories show this strange behaviour too. I don't know if it is in some config (but I don't believe in it) or elsewhere.

... I will try to look for this bug in else game that I play with pak128. I have there some factories that are sufficiently close to each other that this bug (if it is in base) would be proven.

So, I tested this in pak128 ... and ït really seems be matter of pakset, not of base.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

ӔO

it is an system problem, because it can happen with any pakset.
Previously, I proposed that consumers demand what they want, instead of producers flooding the market with what they were able to produce. Or something like that anyways. I do not recall which thread it was either, but I do recall people being interested in it as well as opposition.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

Václav

So, do you think that new game would not have this problem?

ӔO

My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

TurfIt

And you're sure you've set the just_in_time parameter?
Last I looked, pak96.comic has this set =0 by default which results in as you described.

Václav

TurfIt, thanks - set on 1 and it seems it is right now. I only hope that this settings will survive re-load of game*.

* It is something that needs to be corrected. Some settings set in game (for example tree_info - I called this some time ago) will not be saved - and so after loading of game it will be enabled or disabled, based on default statement (but not at all, because for example tree_info I have disabled and it is always enabled on start of game or after re-loading of game).