News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

[r5898] Wrong plane alignment in stop

Started by An_dz, August 27, 2012, 05:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An_dz

There's a misalignment with planes when they are at stops, you can clearly see it in the attached image. I've added the tile outline to the plane.

And I can't modify the image to align it because then when the plane makes a curve it does it strangely.

Václav

I see that on the right bottom stage it is shifted back - and not a little.

An_dz: If you will pay attention to alignment of some road vehicles (in pak96.comic, too - there it is very bad), you will see that they are wrong aligned too. Trucks waiting on some loading stages are almost out of that loading stage - and somewhere this may cause that such truck may block near road - even if it stays on end stop. But this seems like some of them have set wrong length.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

An_dz

I've edit the image to show the comparison between the tile and the plane image tile.

@Vaclav
The bottom right plane is shifted on purpose, I've done it to see what could change in-game. It's not shifted in 96comic expansion.

prissi

The left bottom plane is simply wrong positioned. All vehicles going south east, should start at the beginning of a tile.

An_dz

But then it will just be more misaligned. Look the aircraft tile is half away the ground/station tile.
And the same happens in all other paksets.

TurfIt

You have the aircraft tiles shown wrong in relation to the station tiles. For south and east heading, the plane travels to the edge of the tile and stops. For north and west, the stop position is halfway.  >>> south facing plane positioned wrong.

An_dz

So, your telling me to push the plane image backwards so it stop inside the tile?
But if I do so, the curve effect gets really weird.

And why it stops out of the tile for South and East?

TurfIt

It doesn't stop out of the tile for south and east, it stop at the edge of the tile - why I said you have the tiles shown wrong. For north and west, it's actually stopped only halfway onto the tile, not all the way as you show.

The curve effect is ugly, rather a byproduct of the isometric engine and fixed tiles. When a vehicle reaches the edge of the tile and is making a corner, it changes graphics to the new facing, which of course causes the back end to step out. The alignment for north and west mitigates this problem somewhat as graphically the center of the vehicle is spanning the tile boundry when the graphics change; Hence it looks like it's rotating around the middle. But when a northbound or westbound vehicle stops at an intersection, it's graphically sticking out into the intersection; Other vehicles then run over it, which is also ugly.  Fix one uglyness, cause another...

One of my many unfinished patches was to address this problem. Adjust the vehicle paths through the tiles so that on corners the heading changes always happen with the vehicle center on the tile edge. At my current rate, ETA, 2015, maybe...

An_dz

Oh, now I got it. Thanks for the explanation.