News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Looking to potentially hire pixel animators/artists.

Started by agamemnus, September 21, 2012, 04:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agamemnus

Hi all.

(I'm not sure exactly where to put this, but I figure community discussion is the best place.)

As some of you may have noticed, I have been working with pak128 images, modifying them, and adding Photoshop effects to them, for inclusion into my web-game, as of a few months ago.

I haven't coded my game for a few months but a few weeks ago I went back in. It will still take several months of concerted effort on my part to make it playable enough for the average simulation-type player. (Simutrans players are, however, way above average.)

The idea of my web-game is multi-player time-based goods production and consumption, in a persistent world, based on a 2-d overhead view. If you search various places you can easily find a link to my game but I do not want to spoil things by posting it here and having people try a very unfinished product. (over 200 people have done so, however, and I have a lot of test user input to work through, besides my own ideas!)

A few days ago, I started working on the animation engine so that the buildings in the game feel more alive. Here's a link. The window animations are my own.

Within the next few weeks, I want to create a Kickstarter project to fund more development; specifically things that I am very slow or not very good at -- that's the pixel animation.

I was wondering if there's anyone available who could consider animating a few Simutrans buildings (the cranes on the oil rig!), as well as creating a few more simutrans-like buildings [in the style of 128] that I need (eg: large-sized water tower, museum, school, parks). They would start when/if I secure funding via Kickstarter. As an added bonus (esp. if you like simutrans or are actively working on simutrans paksets): I would happily share your work with the simutrans project.

Thanks!

Dwachs

I could not login into the game. While my account was registered and activated, any login action leads to the login page again.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

agamemnus

Argh, I warned you! Ongoing development!

Number of things to consider/try here.
* Try clearing your cache and logging in again.
* I am developing in Firefox and Chrome. IE9 is theoretically supported but I have not tested in it for a while.
* Are cookies on?

You might want to try again some time tomorrow (in 24 hrs) as I did spot a login process issue today which may or may not be related.

agamemnus

Dwachs, I fixed that problem. Silly on my part. You may continue!

Dwachs

Not that much of continuation. Now I am stuck at 'Choose player name', ie pressing the button redirects me to the same page. Forum login does not work either.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

agamemnus

I was adding some code (world-enabled toggle) which broke that part. I tested this now and you should be able to get all the way to the actual game portion. I did have to reset your password in order to test with your user. I am going to send you the new password in a message.