News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

concrete truck available 1932

Started by Roads, September 03, 2012, 03:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roads

*sigh*  :-[

Sorry, I know I'm very needy.

Zeno

There is such a concrete truck (available since 1924). It was added to nightlies 3 months ago, although probably isn't in the stable version yet.

Roads

woohoo!  Thanks Zeno, you are a life saver.  Going to download the nightly now.

MODIFY:  Have never downloaded a nightly...do I need anything besides these two files:

sim-winsdl.exe and pak128.open.r930?

Doesn't want to run with these two files and I put them in the v111.3 directory.  Maybe they need to go in a separate directory?

MODIFY:  Nevermind.  I was just being stupid.  I don't have to run the game.  All I have to do is copy the vehicle from pak...

MODIFY:  Problems, problems... I think the vehicle you are referring to is "vehicle.mja20s_concretemixer.pak

If I put this vehicle in my pak128 directory, the game will not run.  If I remove it, the game runs fine.

Zeno

You say the game won't run? do you get any message or it simply fails to open and does nothing??

Roads

If you put the file "mja-20s_concretemixer" in the addon/pak128 directory nothing happens.  I'm guessing it simply will not load.  If you put it in the simutrans/pak128 directory then you get the message "do not know how to handle version=9"

I ran makeobj on the source files and working with them some and got the same message except mine was version=10...

Modify:  sorry, beginning of error message was:

FATAL ERROR
vehicle_reader_t::read_node

Roads

Zeno!  Once again I need to apologize.  I have the file and it is working.  I was running the wrong version of makeobj. :(