News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Game freezes when clicking on stations

Started by Max Cheng, September 08, 2012, 07:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Cheng

Hey guys,

I don't know why, sometimes when I click on AI player's stations the game would freeze and gave me "error and needs to close" window. I'm currently using 102.2.2, pak128 v. 1.4.6 pakset, native executable, and Windows XP. I would like to ask that how would this happen? Is it because I forgot to install Unicow? Is there anyway to fix this?

Ters

Unicows shouldn't be necessary on XP. Apart from that, all I can do is ask: "Have you tried a newer version of Simutrans?" (It may be smart to backup your savegames first.)

Maybe the core developers remember some bug like this, though.

Dwachs

102.2.2 is like two years old. I do not remember any bug that sound like this bug report.

Can you reliably produce the crash? ie click on one particular station crashes game. Then please upload savegame.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Max Cheng

To Ters:
Well, I actually tried the 110 series as well, but my laptop is too old to be able to run them... (yeah, I'm using a 2006 laptop to run Simutrans now) so I basically am stuck in 102 for now. Besides, when I played 102.2.2 about a year ago, it didn't happen.

To Dwachs:
The truth is, it's not limited to a particular station...  ie sometimes the game froze when clicking a station, and then I rebooted the game and avoided clicking it for awhile. Moments later I click the station again after I made lots of changes in the other side of the map and it won't froze in this station anymore. And I figured that it could happen to my own station as well. What I mean is, it is really hard to purposely produce the crash manually, because I can't pinpoint where can I produce the crash, sometimes it might not happen no matter how hard I try at all! Speaking of which... it suddenly reminded me that sometimes it happens when I publicize a station hand routed routes from more then 1 company into the same station, then again, avoid clicking it for a while would actually solve the problem on my side.

Ters

Strange. I don't remember any reason why 110 should have higher system requirements than 102. Well, apart from network connectivity for network play.

Max Cheng

I dunno, but my computer just can't load up 110 series even with the standard executable and pak set

Ters

Does it crash? The latest nightlies unfortunately does that, but the latest stable should work. Or does it just run terribly slow?

prissi

Try 111.3.1, there has been some change, which uses again old screen update algorithm if the machine is too slow. All other stuff of 102.2.2 should be slower than 111.3.1. Only pak128 size has increased considerably.