News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

First attempt to contribute Graphics - Assistance welcome

Started by deadlyboring, September 12, 2012, 07:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kierongreen

The bottom floor is not high enough - it should be the same height as the floors above, other than that looking good :)

greenling

Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

The Hood

I've not had much time for Simutrans recently, but good to see some more buildings. I'd love to include all of these into the set, so if you can get round to doing snow images for the second and third ones that would be fantastic and I'll put them all in together. I'd also agree with kieron about the garages needing to be a few pixels taller.

On an unrelated note, seeing the screenshot with the high-rises and parks next to each other makes me think perhaps we should code some park/open space graphics as high-level res or com buildings to get the high-rises spread out a bit.

deadlyboring

Same like me, i couldn't really find the time for working on the buildings, but i hope to finish it this evening. Please apologize the delay....

The Hood

No need to apologize - it's your time and your hobby!

The Hood

Not wanting to pressure you but just wondering if there's any progress here?

deadlyboring

I'm very sorry for the continuing delay, as real life keeps me quite busy these days, unfortunately this will be for at least two more weeks. I did neither forget nor put it down,  it's just that i'm busy as hell. hang  on for a while,and i'll bring on that stuff. promised;-)

The Hood

Thanks - no worries. Just didn't want you to think I'd given up on getting it incorporated into the pak either.

The Hood

deadlyboring, not wanting to be pushy but just wondering if you are planning on finalising these graphics soon? I'd like to put out a release by Friday and it would be great to have these in. I can always apply snow to your existing blend files if you don't have the time? Or we can wait until you get time and get them in for the next release.

greenling

The Hood
i think that deadlyboring get some problems to have some freetime.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

deadlyboring

Finally found some freetime the next days. Buildings will be finished on Thursday evening. Promised;)

The Hood

Awesome. I will hold the release until Friday then. That will allow for some new ships too.

The Hood

I've made the snow images for these and added the to SVN. Hope you don't mind, deadlyboring. Of course you are always welcome to keep drawing some more stuff if you ever get the time again!

jamespetts

Hmm - looking for this on the Git mirror of the SVN repository I find that it hasn't been updated in 3 months. Does anyone know why the Git mirror no longer works?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

The Hood

No - but I've now added the relevant files to standard SVN.

jamespetts

Would you mind reminding me of the link to the SVN (assuming that the files are available on the web)?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

jamespetts

Hmm - there isn't a way on the SVN to tell which ones are new or when they were added, is there? That's one thing that was very useful about the Github mirror. What is the name of the relevant .dat and .png files for this on the SVN?

The Hood

jamespetts

Forgive me for being dim - where is the link for that on the SVN?

Milko

Hello

Quote from: jamespetts on July 27, 2013, 02:50:25 PM
Hmm - looking for this on the Git mirror of the SVN repository I find that it hasn't been updated in 3 months. Does anyone know why the Git mirror no longer works?

:-[

I usually use github mirror to check pak britain std, it will be very useful if somone solve the automatic mirror....

Giuseppe

jamespetts

Yes - Abruch is the name of the person in charge of these things, but he does not seem to respond to messages very much.

Milko

Hello

Probably Aburch fixed the SVN mirror!  :)

Thank you Aburch!

Giuseppe

Milko

Hello

The github mirror (pak 128 britain std) is out of date from 26/07, it may be that it is still locked?

Giuseppe

kierongreen

Latest commit I can see on GITHub is https://github.com/aburch/simutrans-pak128.britain/commit/4a35f1fd1c30821590e95f1b10af8e98558919d7 - 26 August 2013. This matches the latest SVN version (1297) - the pak SVN is not updated anywhere near as frequently as the code SVN.

sdog

Since we are mirroring a lot of svn repositories on github, perhaps we ought to move the synchronisation to one of the simutrans servers? Such that it is not scattered to several people but at a system this community has access to. Even with a high rate of checking the svn it isn't much load on a server. (when something has to be pushed more so, but that happens not that often)

We already have an organization account at github.