News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Winter is coming

Started by Fabio, September 29, 2012, 04:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabio

I was annoyed for long time with the look of Pak128 in winter, where most of older buildings lack snow, so I decided to update them myself, removing the ground when possible (also to fit better with climates) and adding a winter version. It's a tiresome process, but so far I edited around 100 RES buildings.
I plan to release them in a few batches, as I don't know if I'll be able to process them all.
First release will follow in the next days.

PD: Any fans of HBO's Game of Thrones around?  ;)

DirrrtyDirk

OT:

Quote from: Fabio on September 29, 2012, 04:50:27 PM
PD: Any fans of HBO's Game of Thrones around?  ;)

Aye, winter is coming, but don't fear, as long as there's a Stark in Winterfell. ;-) (Saw the first season and now actually in the process of reading the novels)

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Roads

I liked the first season of "Thrones" but only got through about 3 episodes of the second season.  Torture is not my thing.  I quit when they brought out the rat in the cage...

Looking forward to those Winter scenes.  They look good!

greenling

Fabio
Cool! 8) 8)
The Buildings with Snow looks very good out.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

VS

Ohhh... wow?

Commit as needed :)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

HDomos

Very nice... It will be a nice improvement for the pak (I saw the two seasons, and red all the books :D)

Sarlock

Very nice!  I was just thinking about how big a task it was going to be to do that and at some point I was going to consider doing it... very well done!

I am going to start working on the trees, we'll have a winter wonderland landscape very soon!
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

Combuijs

QuotePD: Any fans of HBO's Game of Thrones around?

Huge fan of the George RR Martin's "A song of Ice and Fire" series. It is quite a read, I've spent a few months rereading parts 1 to 4 when part 5 was published, in order to remember as much details as possible and thereby enjoy the latest book more.

It's good to see Game of Thrones is a tv-sequel and not a movie, there is a lot more time to tell the (very complicated) story. They did a very good job. I especially like the intro, brilliant. I still wonder though how they will do book 4 (a Feast for Crows) and 5 (Dance of the Dragon) as the story spreads out rapidly there. So much to tell in one season, it seems almost impossible.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

Fabio

Now I have completed 104 buildings (last week they were actually half of that, in my estimate I included also those ALREADY with snow).

I want to post here some thumbnails.

Many buildings were heavily revamped, with retexturing, new windows, new roofs and so on.

NEWOLD

Fabio

NEWOLD

Fabio

NEWOLD

Fabio

NEWOLD

Fabio

NEWOLD

Fabio

NEWOLD

Fabio

NEWOLD

Fabio

NEWOLD

greenling

Fabio
Cool.
The Building in Winterlook looks very good out.
I hope that the Photos cam in the svn.
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)

Combuijs

What an enormous amount of work! You certainly must feel cold now!! Anyway, you've earned a place in the Nightwatch!!!

Good addition for pak128  :thumbsup:

Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

VS

HOLY COW

...I didn't expect window upgrades and rotations as well!

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

An_dz

Maaaannnn!

You surely deserve Devotee status.

Sarlock

*deep bow*
That is very impressive.  What an incredible amount of work you have done.  I can't wait to play with them!
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

Fabio

Thank you guys!

I see you found the topic, although I split it afraid it wouldn't be possible to open it due to the huge number of images.

Now more pics to see ;)

Tomorrow I'll post a zip with PNGs + DATs for the SVN. It's ready, but I wish to still edit a few pixels before official release and moving on to what is left.

NEWOLD

Fabio

NEWOLD

Fabio

NEWOLD

Roads

I love 'em too!  The snow looks especially good on the residential buildings and parks.  Of course those lend themselves to snow cover better than high rise buildings.  Thank you so much is all I can offer until you are better paid.  Not sure what that will be but will keep it in mind.

mEGa

Wonderful work ! I like very much. The winter came, no doubt!
Do you want also modify curiosities and factories ? Because we can help you .
Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

greenling

Cool.Very cool.
I Like the Buildings with winter look.

Fabio

Ok, did some more tweaks (snow on hedges, removed a couple more gronds...) and now it's ok (see for yourself, I updated the preview above, too).
Or better, I don't think wasting more time on these buildings would be efficient.

So, here's the release of this first part:

:down: winter-res-01-121006.zip

As I don't have commit rights to the SVN, I ask please to VS (or Zeno) to download them and commit them for me.

Thank you!

greenling

grampybear

WOW  ;D Christmas in October   With so many wonderful additions what is the suggested way of getting them into current games?

VS

Fabio

Another 3 buildings repainted and rotated.
The main point here is preserving the "spirit" of the original objects, yet creating a building more consistent with the style of the Pakset.

Two towers:
NEWOLD

Another tower:
NEWOLD
This one is much taller than default level 60 buildings (20 floors vs 12 floors). We should make a new 4-5 taller level 60 residential towers in order to give the skyline more verticality.
It's losely based (beside the original tower by Patrick) on this highrise in Milan, Bosco Verticale (vertical forest):

greenling

Fabio
Those building looks very good out! :D :D