News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

New cargo and industry suggestions...

Started by railfan727, October 25, 2012, 11:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

railfan727

How about some tropical crops and industries?
Such as...
- Sugarcane, to refined sugar (to either the marketplace or bakery), a rum distillery, or an ethanol plant
- Latex, to rubber
- Cotton
- Coffee
- Bananas
- Palm oil
- Tobacco
- Tea
And possibly some other metal ores, such as copper and/or aluminum... also a smelter to turn the ore into finished metals to send to other industries

prissi

Those are only cargos. Provide some useful full chain with at least example graphics and then people might find this interesting enough to contribute. Otherwise chance of any of those coming into the game are zero.

BBGunn

prissi, what do you mean by "example graphics"?  Do you mean pictures of factories, crops, etc., that someone could use as a model to draw a new factory chain?  I would be willing to search for those.  Crops for the tropics would be nice.
Another beautiful day!

私が日本語の間違いをしたら、すみません。
Desculpe-me quaisquer erros portugueses.  Sou só aprendiz.

kierongreen

I think what was implied was that if you drew graphics for the factories in these chains then adding them to the game could be considered.

treiskin

In other words, draw and list the factories that you want to be put into the game.

prissi

Or at least one of them to make it interesting enough for people to participate. This is how open source development works best.

almaf

Quote from: railfan727 on October 25, 2012, 11:08:48 PM
How about some tropical crops and industries?
Such as...
- Sugarcane, to refined sugar (to either the marketplace or bakery), a rum distillery, or an ethanol plant
- Latex, to rubber
- Cotton
- Coffee
- Bananas
- Palm oil
- Tobacco
- Tea
And possibly some other metal ores, such as copper and/or aluminum... also a smelter to turn the ore into finished metals to send to other industries

See this, a example: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=7930.0

BBGunn

Ah, I see.  So in short: "Don't just say what you want.  Make it."

I wish I were artistically skilled, so that I could contribute some graphics.
Another beautiful day!

私が日本語の間違いをしたら、すみません。
Desculpe-me quaisquer erros portugueses.  Sou só aprendiz.

colonyan

Quote from: Kujichagulia on November 28, 2012, 01:20:06 AM
So in short: "Don't just say what you want.  Make it."

Energy and time is also a cost factor for making anything.

Ters

How many people make pak64 graphics these days? Not only in terms of size, but also style.

colonyan

Quote from: Ters on November 28, 2012, 05:48:50 AM
How many people make pak64 graphics these days? Not only in terms of size, but also style.
At least I do make 64 size. Just that its crawling slow. I'm full with my own project.

prissi

The few graphics I actually drew were twice from plane photos and then distorted until they fit. Or they were reassembled from stuff in Simutrans. Just give it a try, it may work better than expected. (And if you are to embarressed, just keep them to yourself. ;) )

greenling

I self Work on new graphics but the bigest problem it the free time they i have.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!